Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #729
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

And Ted Williams AI continues, though they can't get hits.

7 pitch inning: 3 balls out of the zone thrown, all taken. 4 balls in the zone swung at, all connected with.

Now: 4 pitch inning: 1 ball out of the zone thrown, taken. 3 balls in the zone swung at, all connected with.

Sabathia: 11 pitches in 2 innings, could probably go 16 innings at this rate.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #730
Rookie

goodfellagator22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles16
other nice touches:

-- AI closers actually start the last inning now (instead of the "setup guy" coming in for one batter).

-- hit a HR with Morneau at US Cellular Field -- crowd starts chanting "throw it back"..

So far won with Liriano, but now have dropped the next 4 in a row.
would've been nice to see after completing a season in franchise with the Twins they get Target Field....can't wait to see it in next years game(oh and obviously in real life).

Joe Crede get hurt yet?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #731
Banned

OVR: 13

By the way, I don't see what the fuss is about the licensed advertising in the game. Looks like a real ballpark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #732
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Falcon, please just quit posting. Nothing good is of your post. A negative post is fine, but make a effort to show why. All you are doing is whinning and it is annoying
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #733
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahFalcon
By the way, I don't see what the fuss is about the licensed advertising in the game. Looks like a real ballpark.
yeah the details of the ballparks is quite good imo. I've read people saying the ballparks aren't that good but I disagree on that.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #734
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Falcon, please just quit posting. Nothing good is of your post. A negative post is fine, but make a effort to show why. All you are doing is whinning and it is annoying
Ditto. All I see is complaints.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #735
MVP

OVR: 11

After playing a bit of it I have to say overall I'm not very impressed. VC has really dumbed down a lot of the mechanics in this game and I have to say that I actually think the pitching, hitting, and fielding mechanics in 2K8 are better.

The default 2-step pitching really has nothing to do with timing and in most cases you don't even have to perform the full motion; simply holding the stick in the position of the first motion is enough to perform the particular pitch. It appears that the meter extends the better you perform the motion and really has nothing to do with timing the first motion with the stick in order to properly fill the meter.

From a fielding perspective, it appears that there are too many instances where you are directly over the fielding icon and yet for some inexplicable reason your fielder will misplay the ball and allow it to drop right next to him. That factor alone is incredibly frustrating enough to damper the overall good fielding experience. It also appears that VC removed the extra challenge in fielding that caused the throw to be inaccurate on either side of the base depending on how precise the right stick is positioned in the direction of the base (very disappointing).

Graphics are an improvement over last year, but for the PS3 version in particular there appears to be a significant amount of jaggies (I play in 1080i). VC put a good deal of signature styles in the game, but it is very disappointing to know we will not be able to edit any of these. The commentary is phenomenal and I love the camera angles, but nothing else graphically is too far out of the ordinary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #736
Rookie

topgundie's Arena

OVR: 3

i am blown away by this game...well at least compared to last year! i have played 3 games and have hit 1 home run stolen 1 base, caught stealing 2 times, and the games have been as follows, 5-7 L, 4-3 W and 4-0 W! one pause in the game so far also (i downloaded custom sliders by the way)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »