Home

Old 03-01-2009, 02:32 AM   #153
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2k9 Questions Thread ...

1) can someone post a video of the 2k8 celebration for comparison. Couldn't make it through an entire season so I never saw it.

2) that celebration does seem like a beta, why are there 3 brief shots of players and 2 minutes of the camera scanning around the stadium.

3) wasn't an awsome world series celebration actually a bullet point for this game?

4) I think accusing VC of dropping the ball on this game is a little extreme. From everything I've read and playing the demo it seems like they went in like gangbusters to rework this game and give a fun game of baseball to play. They fixed the core of the gameplay. Now if 2k10 comes out and they've had a full year to tinker and they haven't put back a bunch of the bells and whistles, then I think we have a right to complain. But until then just thank them for saving this series, have a little faith and be patient
Old 03-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #154
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
1) can someone post a video of the 2k8 celebration for comparison. Couldn't make it through an entire season so I never saw it.

2) that celebration does seem like a beta, why are there 3 brief shots of players and 2 minutes of the camera scanning around the stadium.

3) wasn't an awsome world series celebration actually a bullet point for this game?

4) I think accusing VC of dropping the ball on this game is a little extreme. From everything I've read and playing the demo it seems like they went in like gangbusters to rework this game and give a fun game of baseball to play. They fixed the core of the gameplay. Now if 2k10 comes out and they've had a full year to tinker and they haven't put back a bunch of the bells and whistles, then I think we have a right to complain. But until then just thank them for saving this series, have a little faith and be patient
I'm not saying it's a bad game infact I haven't even played the game yet but they took out so many things that were in last years game. I do understand that they are rebuilding the game and I give props to them that they are trying to put ou a good game. I give them props but I am just a little annoyed at the things that they had to take out. I was really looking forward to this game and was planning to buy it after i rented it, but I don't know now. Well have to see and Yankee Stadium wouldn't be Yankee Stadium without the roll call and it sees so easy to put in. They should'nt have taken it out in the first place.

Last edited by Jamin23; 03-01-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 AM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I answered this in the other thread.
Ok, I got it. Thanx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 03:14 AM   #156

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I think its just one of those things where they redid the core gameplay and will add the bells and whistles back next year. I think, on the field, its a pretty damn good baseball game.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:22 AM   #157
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I think its just one of those things where they redid the core gameplay and will add the bells and whistles back next year. I think, on the field, its a pretty damn good baseball game.
Agreed. Despite the few headscratchers, this is a pretty solid game of baseball. I was very pleased by how the demo turned out and hopefully it'll feel the same once the game ships.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 2

Alright I got a few questions for you:

1. In franchise mode does it still change player's numbers constantly such that every time I play the Yankees Derek Jeter has a different uniform number?

2. Are the new Pirates uniforms in the game?

3. I saw that 2K got Pepsi as a sponsor, do they have the Pepsi bottle at PNC Park?

I think I might be the only Bucco fan in this post...haha
Old 03-01-2009, 03:35 AM   #159
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I have to agree. As unfinished as the demo is, I can't stop playing it.

MLB 2K9 and Street Fighter 4 may lead to a divorce in my household!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:57 AM   #160
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491

3 - YES! that's my problem ---don't advertise BS. 2K disappointed me on that part BIG TIME.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »