Home

Old 03-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2k9 Questions Thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by run29raw
in play now mode is there an option to choose different starting pitchers and edit the lineups before you play like in 2k7.

in 2k8, the game automatically gave you your starting pitcher and you could not choose your 2nd string pitcher unless you change it in the pitching rotation depth chart beforehand.
if you go to game modes exhibition you have total control over all of that; starting pitcher, batting order, uniform, maybe even the weather i don't know
Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #170
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank103
I have noticed in the demo that on a throw to first base the first baseman lunges for everything. Even if the play is not close. Does this happen in the retail version?

yes it is an issue..but all you have to do is lower the throw meter influence slider..
Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #171
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
in play now mode is there an option to choose different starting pitchers and edit the lineups before you play like in 2k7.

in 2k8, the game automatically gave you your starting pitcher and you could not choose your 2nd string pitcher unless you change it in the pitching rotation depth chart beforehand.
You cannot adjust the CPU Line-up including Starting Pitcher in Play Now Mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keats624
if you go to game modes exhibition you have total control over all of that; starting pitcher, batting order, uniform, maybe even the weather i don't know
There is NO Exhibition Mode in 2k9... Sorry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #172
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

in play now mode:

you can change your line ups and pitchers and defensive positions and weather and time of day and stadium

but you cant edit anything for the cpu

so you will always play vs the other teams ace

unless you do what somebody suggested which is create 4 diff roster files for play now and in each just change the pitching rotations around and use the roster named starter #2 or 3 or 4

sucks but that is what we have to deal with
Old 03-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 3

- Is there a franchise news/headline tracker like 2K's MLB.COM where I can read things about my franchise and also the MLB on a day to day basis with pictures as well?

- I've seen pics of a Tony Gwyn statue outside of Petco Park in San Diego, is there something like this shown for each team outside the stadium prior to a franchise game.?

- How does the CPU handle the trading of star players?

- How does the CPU handle free agent signings?

- Is there a GM aspect of the franchise mode where I can change ticket prices, transportation, overall budget, and is there any owner goals that I have to meet?

- Do players have personality traits that will effect either team chemistry or free agent signings?
Old 03-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #174
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj513

- How does the CPU handle free agent signings?

Free Agnets don't sign and top players get released as "CAP CASUALTIES" but a patch is in place for this on tuesday.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #175
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
yes it is an issue..but all you have to do is lower the throw meter influence slider..

I hadn't heard this, but had a feeling it was tied to the throw meter. Thanks, Guru!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
in play now mode:

you can change your line ups and pitchers and defensive positions and weather and time of day and stadium

but you cant edit anything for the cpu

so you will always play vs the other teams ace

unless you do what somebody suggested which is create 4 diff roster files for play now and in each just change the pitching rotations around and use the roster named starter #2 or 3 or 4

sucks but that is what we have to deal with

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »