Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 02:50 AM   #73
Rookie
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Aug 2007
Blog Entries: 10
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
The game plays so much better. Got rid of most of the gameplay stuff that was irking me. I will try to get a picture the IE ratings with my cell phone. not promising anything. lol

Ok, i got Manny's on here. Its his IE walk rating.
Well, that's good, but I think the IE walk rating people are talking about is in the middle of gameplay, where when as the pitcher you scroll through the IE pages until you get to one that has various attributes with letter grades attached (A, B, etc.)
__________________
Go BC Eagles!!!
Go STL Cardinals!!!
Go STL Blues!!!
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
therockstar2005 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #74
MVP
 
jeffy777's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

So is the AI Batter Aggression officially fixed now? I've heard a couple people say the AI pitching is better now, but it was the AI batting that really needed patched.
jeffy777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #75
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Blog Entries: 1
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockstar2005
Well, that's good, but I think the IE walk rating people are talking about is in the middle of gameplay, where when as the pitcher you scroll through the IE pages until you get to one that has various attributes with letter grades attached (A, B, etc.)
Playing the Pirates right now and Name MCloud is a C. Will update this post on the next batter.

Freddy Sanchez has an F. lol
i am going to play a different team. dunno why i picked pitt. Ok ok, becuase they suck. Will update with a new team. Going to play Boston.

Last edited by kcxiv; 04-02-2009 at 02:57 AM.
kcxiv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame
 
bcruise's Arena
 
OVR: 48
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,070
Blog Entries: 8
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Playing the Pirates right now and Name MCloud is a C. Will update this post on the next batter.

Freddy Sanchez has an F. lol
i am going to play a different team. dunno why i picked pitt. Ok ok, becuase they suck. Will update with a new team. Going to play Boston.
Thanks man. That's all I wanted to know, because every player was rated a D- pre-patch.
bcruise is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:09 AM   #77
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Blog Entries: 1
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

THey did something else to it. Its not only the inside edge thing. While some players are different, Jacoby Elllsbury just took 2 strikes and his rating was a D- still.

David Ortiz is like an A- in walks.

Last edited by kcxiv; 04-02-2009 at 03:12 AM.
kcxiv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 AM   #78
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
THey did something else to it. Its not only the inside edge thing. While some players are different, Jacoby Elllsbury just took 2 strikes and his rating was a D- still.
Well..taking two strikes isn't going to help the cause of getting a walk. heh
__________________
...
ramenite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:15 AM   #79
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Blog Entries: 1
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
Well..taking two strikes isn't going to help the cause of getting a walk. heh
oh yeah, no shhhhh. lol I got backwards.

Pitching seems to be tougher as well. If you mess up a little on the timing, he will throw a bad bad pitch.
kcxiv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:32 AM   #80
MVP
 
rock85's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Jersey
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
oh yeah, no shhhhh. lol I got backwards.

Pitching seems to be tougher as well. If you mess up a little on the timing, he will throw a bad bad pitch.
Well thats good to hear. I can't wait for the 360 patch
rock85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Top -