Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 05:18 AM   #81
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

I managed to get 5 post patch innings in before and was pleasantly suprised to see that the game plays like baseball now! The aggression has been sorted out and I didn't notice the 1st base glitch. Although I did have outfielders misplay 2 fly balls, both costing multiple runs. I'm assuming its something I'm doing wrong but I'm really not sure what that could be. I'm moving to the spot and then letting go of the sticks.

One time the left fielder raised his hand too late and the ball bounced off the outside of his glove, then later my centre fielder completely ignored the ball and it landed right next to him and continued to bounce on to the wall. Please help me with this guys! What's the secret to catching fly balls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #82
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Sounds like they didnt fix the outfielder glitch to me. I hope that is no tthe case.. Its like they have a mind of there own and you cant even control them
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I managed to get 5 post patch innings in before and was pleasantly suprised to see that the game plays like baseball now! The aggression has been sorted out and I didn't notice the 1st base glitch. Although I did have outfielders misplay 2 fly balls, both costing multiple runs. I'm assuming its something I'm doing wrong but I'm really not sure what that could be. I'm moving to the spot and then letting go of the sticks.

One time the left fielder raised his hand too late and the ball bounced off the outside of his glove, then later my centre fielder completely ignored the ball and it landed right next to him and continued to bounce on to the wall. Please help me with this guys! What's the secret to catching fly balls?
From my experience i actually liekd the fielding pre patch and never had a problem with it. If anything it was too easy to make spectacular plays. All i would do is try to get the player in position and let the cpu do the rest if a dive was needed id obviously dive but it was all about positioning yourself the correct way. I liked this about this game. I didnt have a problem with most bugs that people experience. The first baseman bug as well i would jsut try to set my feet and guage my throws and the first baseman wouldnt be pulled off the bag. This is one thing the show overdoes imo and is almost too easy because it does everything for you. It's all about positioning and knowing when to let the cpu take over though..... If you see the cpu isnt moving you into position nudge the stick a bit until it does. I am very good at taking proper angles though in these games. Not to toot my own horn but i usually dont see this stuff.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 04-02-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #84
Rookie

MaricopaMetFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Does this patch address the Franchise Freeze issues?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #85
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm confused about the First Baseman foot glitch. I keep reading about how the foot was 'pulled off the bag' on throws. I always thought that it was where the First Baseman had his foot SET on the bag (or rather off it) on throws to first. There were instances where the First Baseman's foot was set ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BAG so that his entire shin was resting on the bag.

Has this been fixed as well? Does the first baseman now always set his foot against the inside of the bag to take his throws?

How about DP's? I've seen the 2B/SS miss the bag entirely at the start of a DP.

Also, can you break up a DP with a hard slide into 2nd? Has collision detection been added/improved? How about the few vids I've seen where HRs were hit by guys on pitches so far off the plate that the ball never actually touched the bat?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm very pleased with 2K's patch attempts. It's just that this game had so much wrong with it, I wish that they took a bit more time to get more right out of the box.

I'm a 360 player and am anxiously waiting for our patch to release. Until then, I am reading this thread and hoping for positive answers to my questions.

Thanks!

BigBlue

Last edited by BigBlue; 04-02-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #86
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
They might've done all this but the most major omission IS the editing of players stances and pitching etc...

I am beside myself that this hasn't been done already? It was mentioned and asked to be done by a millon OTHER posters on their forum and nothing happened to it being addressed?

2K Ron (Mr. UK lol)even glossed over the issue as it not being "mentioned" to him LOL...

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I don't understand why everybody cares so much about editing stances and deliveries. I mean why would you want to spend hours tinkering with that stuff when you could be playing the game? A lot of people seem to want it though, so it's obviously only my opinion.

Just because a million people complain about it though, does not mean that it's reasonable to expect it to get done. Patches of this sort are meant to tweak tendencies and make the game play better, as well as squash bugs. They are not meant to add new features wholesale to the game.

I hope for everyone's sake that the user can edit stances and deliveries in 2k10... then we all won't have to hear about it anymore.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #87
All Star

OVR: 35

Sounds like they fixed everything I was hoping they would. Hopefully, the 360 patch is coming soon.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 4

They appeared to fix A LOT.

I have a theory that they reached a point and knew they were going to patch so they cut their build, kept working even though the game "went gold" and knew of most of these issues.

KUDOS either way that they worked to get it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »