Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #113
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

[quote=m-dogg;2039375183]can someone see if the AI still can't hit a 12-6 curve? take the redsox and beckett, and throw the 12-6 curve 80% of the time and see if they can hit it? I'm hoping the EI tweaking somehow fixed this, Id hate to be unable to throw a curve jsut because its a money pitch in frachise...[quote]

I'd like to know this as well.........can someone please test this out??

PSN: hoos4974
Old 04-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 23

Hey M-dogg,

I had a game last night and I was the Dodgers and used Clayton Kershaw as a RP and was able to strike out two batters using his CB, both on 0-2 counts, with the first two strikes being 4-seam FB's in the zone.

I could test how Beckett is later on and let you know, after I get some homework done.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #115
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelizo35
Hey M-dogg,

I had a game last night and I was the Dodgers and used Clayton Kershaw as a RP and was able to strike out two batters using his CB, both on 0-2 counts, with the first two strikes being 4-seam FB's in the zone.

I could test how Beckett is later on and let you know, after I get some homework done.
Be sure to throw the 12-6 curve as the vast majority of your pitches. The concern is whether the CPU can hit the curve at all. As it is, the AI seems to be unable to hit that pitch.

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #116
Pro

OVR: 9

Is Top 100 prospects list disappearing fixed?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #117
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

For the poster who says the ai still sucks at taking pitches and those complaining about hitters not being able to hit 12 to 6 curves....have you guys used sliders...I hope people don't think that once the patch is out that sliders don't need to be rehauled. They do and we can't judge the patch till slider work is put in...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #118
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I don't understand why everybody cares so much about editing stances and deliveries. I mean why would you want to spend hours tinkering with that stuff when you could be playing the game? A lot of people seem to want it though, so it's obviously only my opinion.

Just because a million people complain about it though, does not mean that it's reasonable to expect it to get done. Patches of this sort are meant to tweak tendencies and make the game play better, as well as squash bugs. They are not meant to add new features wholesale to the game.

I hope for everyone's sake that the user can edit stances and deliveries in 2k10... then we all won't have to hear about it anymore.
Amen. I just read 8 pages of this thread and probably 90% talked about hitter agressiveness, batting stances and progressive lighting. Meanwhile, people are saying that they still see missed flyballs and 1B glitches...how can that NOT be your major concern?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #119
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I managed to get 5 post patch innings in before and was pleasantly suprised to see that the game plays like baseball now! The aggression has been sorted out and I didn't notice the 1st base glitch. Although I did have outfielders misplay 2 fly balls, both costing multiple runs. I'm assuming its something I'm doing wrong but I'm really not sure what that could be. I'm moving to the spot and then letting go of the sticks.

One time the left fielder raised his hand too late and the ball bounced off the outside of his glove, then later my centre fielder completely ignored the ball and it landed right next to him and continued to bounce on to the wall. Please help me with this guys! What's the secret to catching fly balls?
Posts like this need to be addressed more in this thread, and I'm astounded that they're not. There should not have to be a "secret" to catching flyballs. The two major glitches this game had did NOT include batting aggressiveness and batting stances--heck, those aren't even glitches...they're game design decisions.

The two biggest problems were OF flys and 1B off the bag. A flyball or line drive directly at an outfielder should not be a frightening play. It should be a routine out, and that fact that it isn't breaks the game. If you read the blog entry about the fixes, he does actually say that a lot of these things were fixed. He uses phrases like "drastically reduced the frequency of" or "tweaked." That tells me that these problems are being caused by several layers of programming failure, and they were either unable or unwilling to spend the resources to correct it in a patch.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #120
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5

I also noticed that batters don't "snap" into their animations anymore. Major plus

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »