Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #361
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22

However, I am not happy with the toned down hitting. Previously I played with custom sliders and would hit 2-3 homeruns in a game, with the occassional 0-1 homerun game. I was okay with this. I had room to pull the sliders back and make it more realistic as I improved. However, my first game with these slider post patch has netted me nothing but singles and an occasional double. Balls that I normally crushed were routine flyballs. So in an effort to see if I can adjust this, I moved the power slider all the way to 100 and played 2 more games and still only hit flares and singles with one doule to the gap. I crushed the ball on 3-4 different occasions and it only hit the wall 2-3 feet up from the ground. None of hits really feel powerful now. It's like they seriously de-juiced the ball.

Any suggestions? Anyone else noticing a "major" drop in power?
Yep, I noticed this too pre and post patch. EVerything was a lazy ground ball or pop up. I changed my slider settings a bit and in one game I did see an improvement but not quite sure if its where I want it to be. I put the Success slider at 65, Contact at 20 and power at 100.... I use classic hitting so dont know if it'll work the same with the other styles.... But with these settings I was finally able to hit a homer, some shots in the gap and 2 shots off the wall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #362
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

For those who are seeing a lack of power: are you using the left stick to influence fly balls at all? I notice that homeruns are now quite rare unless I use it.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #363
Rookie

nbluedevils's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow, i just had one of my best pitching efforts in the game with Tim Lincecum against the Dodgers

8.0 IP, 11 Ks, 2 BB, 1 hit, 0 runs, 98 pitches

Lincecum is such a beast!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #364
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown
For your pitches try decreasing the Gesture Recognition slider. I put mine down from 100 to 90.

For AI throwing too many strikes put the AI Strike Zone Tendency slider down. I have mine at 0. They still throw strikes but they are not afraid to walk you on 4 or 5 pitches some times either.
Thanks, that helped a lot. Definitely a good start to working the sliders for my level of play.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #365
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbluedevils
Wow, i just had one of my best pitching efforts in the game with Tim Lincecum against the Dodgers

8.0 IP, 11 Ks, 2 BB, 1 hit, 0 runs, 98 pitches

Lincecum is such a beast!!!!
What level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #366
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
For those who are seeing a lack of power: are you using the left stick to influence fly balls at all? I notice that homeruns are now quite rare unless I use it.
I think they finally got home runs right. I have hit about 5 in my last 3 games. The ones i hit were not 550 ft shots by Casey Blake either. Though he did hit one, but it was accurate.

So much more realistic at least online with this patch.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #367
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm frustrated this afternoon.

Pre-patch, I misplayed a ball to the outfield once during two dozen games. I misplayed three balls in two games this afternon. Ironic, I know.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #368
Rookie

nbluedevils's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
What level?
All-Star

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »