Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #409
MVP
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Upstate, NY
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

I believe you will get the benefit of the patch even though your Franchise already started prior to the patch.

syf
__________________
"Ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know"....GD
stealyerface is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #410
MVP
 
teambayern's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Aug 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belljr
was a huge ASB fan.... that game was soooo close to be phenominal.. stupid baserunning and defense AI held it back

I agree. I miss their hitting interface. That said, this game is way better than you guys are giving it credit for.
__________________
GT: Teambayern5
teambayern is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #411
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2003
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
I agree. I miss their hitting interface. That said, this game is way better than you guys are giving it credit for.
I'm enjoying 2k9
belljr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #412
Pro
 
zpq12's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Duluth, MN
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendanrfoley





Oh, life can be so cruel.

My outfield play was fine before the patch, now it's a mess. I now hit "A" as soon as a flyball is hit, and let the computer field it for me. Five games played today, and about five or six misplays.

I'm also re-learning how to pitch. CPU hitters can really crush curveballs now.



Same here on all accounts.

---

Same here too! I don't understand how some people on here were "confirming" that flyballs were fixed. Why, because you caught one? Pre-patch, that glitch didn't happen every time. I'm not convinced that it's improved at all. I think that the 1st base thing has been noticeably fixed or improved, but with so many game breaking glitches still in place, I may have no choice but to trade this thing in and cut my losses.

Looks like MLB The Show 09 for PS2 in glorious standard def for me

I lost something like 11 straight games (many of them close) because I refuse to use anything but cursor batting, and I can't do it with that razor thin cursor (which doesn't respond well when you're trying to move it quickly). Swing stick is a joke because there is nothing that requires you to actually AIM where you are swinging. How is that a game? Why would you want to use a batting mechanic that demands realism for one aspect of hitting (timing) while COMPLETELY ignoring another one (location)? At least cursor batting tries to get it right...but it's just a crappier hitting mechanism than The Show, PowerPros, Baseball Advance, World Series baseball, or just about any other baseball game you could imagine.
LOL. So basically you're just mad you can't have it your way. You knew damn well how the batting was going to be. Why buy the game? You decided to call the outfielding a glitch because what, you dropped one ball. I'm not saying some people haven't had a problem, but I have had absolutely zero issues in 20+ games. Your argument on that point sucks.

On a related note. Is there a patch fix list somewhere?
__________________
UofM-Duluth Bulldogs Hockey
zpq12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #413
Pro
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
For me the User Batting Pitch Influence slider was a big part of the post patch power outage. Pre-patch I was getting solid contact and good power. Post patch same pitches and swings were weak flies or foul balls. Dropped the User Batting Pitch Influence one spot from my pre-patch settings and power is back to where it was.

I think something in the patch changed the balance between swing and pitch in determining the type of hit. To get back to where it was I just dropped the slider down. No changes needed to the power slider.
Thanks for the tip, gonna try this later.
falcons2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #414
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2003
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

I wish take out slides were in.
belljr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #415
MVP
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Upstate, NY
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Yeah, that is a major oversight. Maybe because the whole premise of Collision Detection was not something that was deemed important. Why exactly this is I am not sure anyone can say...

syf
__________________
"Ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know"....GD
stealyerface is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #416
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Feb 2003
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
I believe you will get the benefit of the patch even though your Franchise already started prior to the patch.

syf
that would be great, i guess it makes sense as it affects gameplay engine and not really anything attatched to franchise i guess, thanks
soxfan2525 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Top -