Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #433
Rookie
 
buzzguy's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

I've been following this thread since the patch came out, and still I can't decide if the game is worth buying or not.
I wonder what MS' thoughts are regarding the baseball delimma on their system? It's been sending customers over to the competition for about 2 years already!
buzzguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #434
MVP
 
jeffy777's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
AI hitters even worse! Swinging at even MORE terrible pitches. Only resulted in even more hits,a lot more grounders/flyballs and a lot less strikeouts.
Probably seems worse to you because you aren't being accurate with your pitching gestures (right stick motions). If you aren't accurate, then the AI will be much more likely to hack at your pitches because they interpret them as "bad" pitches. Try dropping down the Gesture slider and you should see a big difference, then turn it back up when you get better with the gestures.
jeffy777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #435
Pro
 
jacory12's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Nov 2008
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Yeah exactly I am getting like 3 Ks looking a game now. I am nailing the gestures good now and I LOVE this game more.
jacory12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #436
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Everywhere, USA
Still not thrilled with the fielding. That hesitation between a batted ball and when you become aware of which fielder the cpu has given you is beyond aggravating.
YourMomsBF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #437
MVP
 
StormJH1's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
LOL. So basically you're just mad you can't have it your way. You knew damn well how the batting was going to be. Why buy the game? You decided to call the outfielding a glitch because what, you dropped one ball. I'm not saying some people haven't had a problem, but I have had absolutely zero issues in 20+ games. Your argument on that point sucks.

On a related note. Is there a patch fix list somewhere?
Okay. First, I don't really care what the patch fix list says if it's telling me it fixed things wrong with the game that I can clearly see aren't fixed. Plus, if you read between the lines on that list, it didn't say "Fixed this, fixed that", it said things like "Greatly reduced the frequency of..." or "Tweaked..". In other words, "It might be better, but yeah, we don't know how to fix that with a patch. Sorry."

I am not the only one who still has problems with flyballs. The problem with impressions threads is that everyone runs out and plays the game for like 30 minutes and posts about it...and that makes up like 15 pages of posts. But you don't know a glitch is there until you see it. Nobody ever said the outfielders were dropping EVERY ball--my point is that it isn't any better. And besides, there are so many little things wrong with fielding that you couldn't even address it with a simple glitch fix anyway.

And a decent number of people here aren't even trying to field flyballs, they're simply letting the CPU do it because they know it will drop behind them if they touch the controller. That's not a fix; that's a work-around. Enjoy your game, but I'm out before this thing loses too much trade-in value.
StormJH1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #438
MVP
 
teambayern's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Aug 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Fielding is not great, but come on, anybody with a healthy knowledge of cause and effect can avoid dropping fly balls 99% percent of the time. Get used to the problem and adapt. I haven't dropped a single pop fly since the patch and I'm not the only one.

You cant keep saying "Oh, but it should work this way, i shouldn't have to do it like that" over and over again, complaining about it. Either stop playing or make the simple switch of preloading a throw when you make those catches.
__________________
GT: Teambayern5
teambayern is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #439
Pro
 
zpq12's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Duluth, MN
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Okay. First, I don't really care what the patch fix list says if it's telling me it fixed things wrong with the game that I can clearly see aren't fixed. Plus, if you read between the lines on that list, it didn't say "Fixed this, fixed that", it said things like "Greatly reduced the frequency of..." or "Tweaked..". In other words, "It might be better, but yeah, we don't know how to fix that with a patch. Sorry."

I am not the only one who still has problems with flyballs. The problem with impressions threads is that everyone runs out and plays the game for like 30 minutes and posts about it...and that makes up like 15 pages of posts. But you don't know a glitch is there until you see it. Nobody ever said the outfielders were dropping EVERY ball--my point is that it isn't any better. And besides, there are so many little things wrong with fielding that you couldn't even address it with a simple glitch fix anyway.

And a decent number of people here aren't even trying to field flyballs, they're simply letting the CPU do it because they know it will drop behind them if they touch the controller. That's not a fix; that's a work-around. Enjoy your game, but I'm out before this thing loses too much trade-in value.
Oh good. Hopefully that means you'll quit whining then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Fielding is not great, but come on, anybody with a healthy knowledge of cause and effect can avoid dropping fly balls 99% percent of the time. Get used to the problem and adapt. I haven't dropped a single pop fly since the patch and I'm not the only one.

You cant keep saying "Oh, but it should work this way, i shouldn't have to do it like that" over and over again, complaining about it. Either stop playing or make the simple switch of preloading a throw when you make those catches.
The kid sucks. I've never had a problem with fly balls. One time before the patch, which was because I was still clueless as to how to play the game.
__________________
UofM-Duluth Bulldogs Hockey
zpq12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #440
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Oh good. Hopefully that means you'll quit whining then.



The kid sucks. I've never had a problem with fly balls. One time before the patch, which was because I was still clueless as to how to play the game.
My problem with the fly balls isn't catching them. I catch 99% of them and the 1% I miss can usually be traced back to something I did. I just wish it would score the 1% as an error. The in game commentary usually gets it right but the box score rarely does.
Zalf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Top -