Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #465
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3 Only)

Thanks guys for the all the impressions you posted... definitely picking this one up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #466
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Dr.Ursus,
If you are looking for something cheaper than $40.00, I think you will be waiting for awhile. This seems to be a consistent sale price for the game. When the Target sale ends, I am sure that another chain will offer it for that much. You might be able to get it around $30 at Game Crazy. Although, they will gouge for used games. Like $5 off a game that they bought for $20. This is just me, but if I would have the Show, I would not have MLB 2k9. The only reason I would keep MLB 2k9 would be for online. Since I am not much of an online guy, I don't have much reason to keep this game.

But that is me. It may be worth the wait to rent though.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #467
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
I was in Target today on my way home, and was really close to picking this up (especially since I had a $20 gift card). The only thing that held me back was the price and concern that I might not play it at all since I have The Show 09. I used to play both in the past. I wonder if there will be a price drop, like NBA 2K9. It's only $39.99 now at Target. I should have picked that up at least. Now I'm regretting not buying one of them, lol. Went to blockbusters and they had 5 copies, and they were all rented. Now I know why I don't go there anymore. Never can find what I want.

Anyway, I think I will have to pick this up and check it out myself. If I don't like it, I can just sell it or trade it in I guess. Thanks for the impressions.
See if you can find it used at gamestop. you can return it, no questions asked within 7 days.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #468
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Had this game and sold it. I'm wondering if it is worth getting again? did the patch make things a lot better? Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #469
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
See if you can find it used at gamestop. you can return it, no questions asked within 7 days.
I actually didn't know that. I can remember back when they were Babbages and you could return all games even new ones that were opened. That saved me a lot of money, lol. Software, etc. let you do that in the past too.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #470
Rookie

OVR: 4
can anyone tell me where i can download these at cu zi need that patch and the rosters asap but im deployed so i dont have playstation network where i am
Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #471
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
I actually didn't know that. I can remember back when they were Babbages and you could return all games even new ones that were opened. That saved me a lot of money, lol. Software, etc. let you do that in the past too.
Oh the days of Babbages.. when I had a commodore 64, I used to return software all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #472
All Star

OVR: 35

After using BigFnJoe's sliders (with some tweaks to compensate for my lack of skills), the game is solid, if not great. The CPU pitcher will throw balls and won't swing at every pitch. I still think the outfield arms are too strong and the outfielders misplay balls more than they should, but overall I'm pleased with the game. Now if I could just find more time to play it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »