Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #481
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

I played an exciting, yet very frustrating game today. I was the Cards playing against the Dodgers. Pitching went well for me. My offense actually got some hits. Of course the computer still made a ton of "highlight reel" catches in the infield and outfield.

There was one catch that was completely unbelievable. I hit a light blooper into center left field. I thought for sure I was going to get a hit. But out of nowhere, Manny Ramirez is charging towards the ball. He jumps and makes a spectacular catch. Anyone who is at least the teeniest interested in baseball knows that Manny is too big of a bum to actually charge the ball. But this is a computer game.

But what made it really frustrating is the slowness of the outfielders! It seemed to be worse than before the patch. As soon as the ball was hit, they were running through molasses to get to the ball. Apparently Rick Ankiel couldn't get the same type of ball that Manny was able to get. What ticked me off further was that the AI outfielders seemed to have no problems tracking down and running towards my fly balls.

This royally sucks. I will keep on playing it... well... I don't have much choice because I own Xbox. Damn mlb licensing deal. Xbox players have been getting screwed since 2006.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #482
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Oh the days of Babbages.. when I had a commodore 64, I used to return software all the time.
Lol, you're showing your age MizzouRah. I was in my teens when I had a C64, and I think all of my software was, well, you know. I didn't even know Babbages was around then.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:16 AM   #483
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Still can't throw anyone out while they're stealing and can't pickoff anyone at all now. I'm still sticking by the easy pickoffs being there for a reason.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #484
Pro

OVR: 13

While I love the game, I am FLABBERGASTED at how bad the umpiring is! I had a shot at a 4-6-3 DP. My second baseman flipped to SS who was still 4 feet away from the bag. By the time I realized that he wasn't going to move on his own, the runner had already slid into the bag when I finally moved the SS to step on the bag to attempt the force.

Umpire calls the runner OUT! Even though he had been on the bag for a good 3 seconds. Absolutely AWFUL. I saved the replay. UGH!!!!!!!!!

BigBlue
Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #485
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
I actually didn't know that. I can remember back when they were Babbages and you could return all games even new ones that were opened. That saved me a lot of money, lol. Software, etc. let you do that in the past too.
lmao.... Software etc and babbages.

Although copy games and returning them was not so easy back then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #486
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
While I love the game, I am FLABBERGASTED at how bad the umpiring is! I had a shot at a 4-6-3 DP. My second baseman flipped to SS who was still 4 feet away from the bag. By the time I realized that he wasn't going to move on his own, the runner had already slid into the bag when I finally moved the SS to step on the bag to attempt the force.

Umpire calls the runner OUT! Even though he had been on the bag for a good 3 seconds. Absolutely AWFUL. I saved the replay. UGH!!!!!!!!!

BigBlue
Did the empires have black heads and white arms? Mine did!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #487
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstl77
Did the empires have black heads and white arms? Mine did!
Maybe he had liver problems
Old 04-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #488
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Maybe he had liver problems

---------maybe one to many pops!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »