Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #513
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

not bad but please add simulating the rest of the game in dynasty after playing a couple innings and changing players postions on your roster

Last edited by cvilela; 04-26-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #514
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Ive never played the show, so I can only go with what I know.

This is a very enjoyable game..I have fun playing it. Im using default all star, one month into my season and am perfectly content.

I turned gesture timing on and that has made pitching a very good challenge..they should have never gotten rid of it as the default set up.

It's harder to hit your spots with a guy who stinks...as it should be.

Out of the baseball games I have played, I would rank this a solid #3, behind MVP 05 and High Heat.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #515
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Ive never played the show, so I can only go with what I know.

This is a very enjoyable game..I have fun playing it. Im using default all star, one month into my season and am perfectly content.

I turned gesture timing on and that has made pitching a very good challenge..they should have never gotten rid of it as the default set up.

It's harder to hit your spots with a guy who stinks...as it should be.

Out of the baseball games I have played, I would rank this a solid #3, behind MVP 05 and High Heat.
Wow.. just received my 360 back from MS - so AS default is now a good challenge? I played on default legend before the patch and my 360 RROD'd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #516
Rookie

OVR: 7

Kind of hard to read all of the posts in this thread but what is the consensus? Did the patch make this game playable? Or same ole stuff we have gotten from them and every other creator of sports game in the next gen.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #517
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Its impossible to get a common consensus on this game. Personally I've been swaying back and forth in terms of my opinion. Right now I can't stand the game but in a week or two I might pick it up and enjoy it for a couple of hours. I think the patch definitely improved things but there is obviously a lot of work to be done by the developers. Its possible to have a fun time with this game but that only happens if your approaching it with an open mind and can stop yourself nitpicking.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #518
Banned

OVR: 32

I just rented this game, and boy did I waste $10.00. There is just too much wrong with this game. It drives me nuts.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:10 AM   #519
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
Its impossible to get a common consensus on this game. Personally I've been swaying back and forth in terms of my opinion. Right now I can't stand the game but in a week or two I might pick it up and enjoy it for a couple of hours. I think the patch definitely improved things but there is obviously a lot of work to be done by the developers. Its possible to have a fun time with this game but that only happens if your approaching it with an open mind and can stop yourself nitpicking.
So true. I actually played one game where everything went well. And that was because it was a 2-1 low scoring affair. I was happy with the game and thought i can live with it.

The next game reverted back to the garbage that it is. I am winning 7-2 with both cpu runs coming off triples where my OF misplayed the ball. I was Ok so far until it happened 2 more times in one inning. It seems once your team gets rattled it only doubles/triples the problem. Plus, to top it off i had a runner trying to tag up out but 20 feet after the right fielder threw to the pitcher and then home. this WOULD NEVER happen in real baseball unless the guy was 80 years old.

to top it off my whole starting rotation is on the dl with finger injuries. i have to face it and put this game away forever and suck it up and buy a ps3. I would have done this last year but i keep waiting for 2k's "next year is the year" bs.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #520
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
So true. I actually played one game where everything went well. And that was because it was a 2-1 low scoring affair. I was happy with the game and thought i can live with it.

The next game reverted back to the garbage that it is. I am winning 7-2 with both cpu runs coming off triples where my OF misplayed the ball. I was Ok so far until it happened 2 more times in one inning. It seems once your team gets rattled it only doubles/triples the problem. Plus, to top it off i had a runner trying to tag up out but 20 feet after the right fielder threw to the pitcher and then home. this WOULD NEVER happen in real baseball unless the guy was 80 years old.

to top it off my whole starting rotation is on the dl with finger injuries. i have to face it and put this game away forever and suck it up and buy a ps3. I would have done this last year but i keep waiting for 2k's "next year is the year" bs.
I'm getting similar results. Outfielder misplays seem to come in spurts. I went 6-0 until I had a game where in 2 consecutive innings the right fielder misses a line drive right at him. To compound that, I had 2 inninngs in a row where I had runners on base with 2 outs. In both situations I hit line drives to the outfield that end up falling in and the base runners automatically retreat to their bases despite me advancing them. It cost me at least 2 runs. I lost that game 3-2,

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »