Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

can you get the patch if you dont have access to internet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #66
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
This is what I was hoping for.

I guess this would be it for the patching process? No more after this? This seems to tackle most of the problems.
I'm kind of hoping its not the end. I hope the game is really good after this second patch and we can all get our franchises and what not started, but I hope 2k also gets out another patch addressing anything else that may come up. I'm sure the core gameplay and all of that stuff is fixed. I am just a big believer in once a patch is put out that fixes the major flaws, why not put out one last patch where time can be taken to correct any other existing issues. This will clean up the game and just make it that much better for us gamers.

If I'm not mistaken there have been about 3 patches per sports game. Now I'm not totally sure on that but NHL 09 did and I believe NCAA, and madden did as well. Those are the only three games I can base that off of and also EA makes those three games not 2k.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #67
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis2570
can you get the patch if you dont have access to internet
Unfortunately,I don't think you can.
I'm currently on dial-up,as my only option was satellite internet,and the prices coupled with the f.a.p (fair access policy) were ridiculous cost wise.

But getting back to your original question,do you have a friend or family member with internet? is so,all thats needed is a silver account for patches.
Also,IF you do have access (albeit with dialup) you can still get on live to get patches and such....you just obviously won't be able to play anybody.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I hope it's not too much to ask, but is there any way we could get a screenshot of the IE walk rating fixed?

Was hoping for at least a mention of the PC patch in the notes, but oh well....(i know they said before that it is coming out, at least)
Old 04-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 28

The game plays so much better. Got rid of most of the gameplay stuff that was irking me. I will try to get a picture the IE ratings with my cell phone. not promising anything. lol

Ok, i got Manny's on here. Its his IE walk rating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manny.jpg (48.6 KB, 343 views)

Last edited by kcxiv; 04-02-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:40 AM   #70
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

They might've done all this but the most major omission IS the editing of players stances and pitching etc...

I am beside myself that this hasn't been done already? It was mentioned and asked to be done by a millon OTHER posters on their forum and nothing happened to it being addressed?

2K Ron (Mr. UK lol)even glossed over the issue as it not being "mentioned" to him LOL...

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
They might've done all this but the most major omission IS the editing of players stances and pitching etc...

I am beside myself that this hasn't been done already? It was mentioned and asked to be done by a millon OTHER posters on their forum and nothing happened to it being addressed?

2K Ron (Mr. UK lol)even glossed over the issue as it not being "mentioned" to him LOL...

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i know this bothers people, but i play online, so it doesnt effect me at all. Even if i do play a franchise, its going to be a season for achievements only. lol

Its Ron does the UK. Me and him had a laugh about that. He likes British chicks, who doesnt though? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 14

Odds are they probably just couldn't put in an edit for players stances and such if it wasn't there to begin with. Seems like it'd be a huge overhaul rather than just tweaking some numbers for the AI aggressiveness, etc.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »