Home

MLB 2K7 - Still the best of the series

This is a discussion on MLB 2K7 - Still the best of the series within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
MLB 2K7 - Still the best of the series

I picked up a copy of MLB 2K7 last week for 3 dollars. I used to play this game all the time when it was still new...2k8 was similar, but the framerate was messed up and the graphics took a big hit.

In 2k9 the graphics came back a little bit, but the camera angles were all messed up, and the gameplay had a lot of annoying bugs.

2K7, in my opinion, ALMOST had it right. I didnt even mind a solid 30 FPS framerate. If they had the exact game, with the new hitting system and all of the new signature styles, that game would be on par with The Show, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 2K7 - Still the best of the series

MLB 2k7 had everything going for it. Obviously from 2k8 and 2k9 the series started to decline. I think they should have built on 2k7 and we might have a good game from 2k.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

To be on par with The Show, it would still need tons and tons of the little things, and definitely an overhaul to the stadium ambiance. As well as a bunch of tweaks to the gameplay that is more than just hitting.

It needs to have a batter/pitcher match-up that can be on par. And that is what hugely separates them the most I think.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Pro

HK-47's Arena

All it had was good graphics. After that, there's not much there.

2k8 was the closest to getting it right. All it needed was A.I steals, no meatballs, and 2k7's graphics, and it would have been great. 2k8 as it is, is still a good game though. With my sliders, I don't have a problem with meat balls, and the lack of A.I steals doesn't prevent you from playing good competitive games of baseball. I'm not a graphics wh*re, so the hit to the graphics didn't bug me. I bet if 2k8 was the one that had the pertty graphics, everyone would say it was the best game of the series.

Last edited by HK-47; 01-15-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I liked 2k7 too.. might have to pick it up on the cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #6
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

I loved both 2k7 abs 2k8. I didn't buy 2k9 didn't even play it. (first time since since 2ksports started making baseball games) I hope 2k10 is an improvement so I can be happy and get both games this year.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 38

Agreed the game was near perfect for me and If I recall the only big issue was fielder reaction at times with bunts I think the corner basemen wouldnt charge (reaction issue).
I recall they just did major player and field improvements awesome sliders that worked and tons of editable gear and the rob HR worked well
Then when I saw all the changes with 2k8 , screens , all new graphics , Player Models ECT and the hit stick I freaked and sold my 360 and got a ps3 .
If things were done right back then we would be playing a version of 2k7 now and it would be amazing but it looks like VC is now adding each year instead of the old company blue shift ? and not trying to recreating the wheel each year .
So heres to 2k7 and VC

Last edited by dorismary; 01-16-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
Pro

HK-47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Agreed the game was near perfect for me and If I recall the only big issue was fielder reaction at times with bunts I think the corner basemen wouldnt charge (reaction issue).
I recall they just did major player and field improvements awesome sliders that worked and tons of editable gear and the rob HR worked well

2k7 had more issues than that.

Horrible hit variety, broken batting sliders, superman catches were still there, robbing HR's was way too frequent, the mound seemed too close to home plate, corrupt franchise files, the swing stick sucked back then....And the controls for fielding and pitching were still with buttons. The fielding animations were horrible too, and there was only like three. lol, I still remember the weird pop up throws from the third baseman to first base.

2k8 was an upgrade in almost every way.

Last edited by HK-47; 01-16-2010 at 06:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »