Home

Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #801
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Really sucks they didn't fix the bald white guy glitch in franchise mode. It even affected one of my relievers who was never even in the minors
What exactly is this glitch??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #802
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
What exactly is this glitch??
A player you call up will lose his face and just become a generic bald guy. So say the dude had a beard, hair, and noticable facial features, he will have none of those when called up. He will just be a generic bald guy. I'm not sure if you have the game, but if you do just take a look at one of the umps and that's how he will look(although the player will have the right skin color).

I only experienced that glitch in spring training though, I've called up some guys during the season so far and I have not had the issue. I'm just going to avoid spring training because almost half my 40 man roster was generic. What I experienced in spring training was that most of the guys I called up were bald and generic, but as I played more games people on my team who had been on the mlb roster the whole time were turning into bald generic people.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #803
Rookie

OVR: 5

So I traded in my MLB 10 the Show because I couldn't stand the horrible lag online and overall the game itself was just boring! I got MLB 2k10 for the PS 3 and was shockingly surprised on how good this game is. Yes, the graphics aren't the greatest, but I'm looking at gameplay rather than how pretty a game looks. I played an online game last night, and there was little to no lag at all. I wish I would have pre-ordered this game from the beginning!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #804
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger
So I traded in my MLB 10 the Show because I couldn't stand the horrible lag online and overall the game itself was just boring! I got MLB 2k10 for the PS 3 and was shockingly surprised on how good this game is. Yes, the graphics aren't the greatest, but I'm looking at gameplay rather than how pretty a game looks. I played an online game last night, and there was little to no lag at all. I wish I would have pre-ordered this game from the beginning!
What is strange, and yes a little unrelated to this thread, I noticed that there were about 10 copies of the Show and zero copies of MLB 2k10 for the PS3 in Target. Kind of amazed me. I have both but have been playing the Show religiously and haven't really gotten into MLB 2k10 yet.
Twitch Channel
Old 03-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #805
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
What is strange, and yes a little unrelated to this thread, I noticed that there were about 10 copies of the Show and zero copies of MLB 2k10 for the PS3 in Target. Kind of amazed me. I have both but have been playing the Show religiously and haven't really gotten into MLB 2k10 yet.
That's probably because they didn't order any 2k10 for the PS3. Before I decided to just buy the game for the PS3, I tried renting it. No Blockbusters carried it, yet they all had half a dozen copies of the Show. Buying it was also difficult, as Best Buy had 2 copies, and they were mixed in on an endcap with all the other verions of both 2k10 and the Show.

I still have the Show '09 for when I want that experience. 2k10 is a breath of fresh air for me. I'm loving the right stick controls. They really bring you into the game and make you feel a part of the action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #806
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
That's probably because they didn't order any 2k10 for the PS3. Before I decided to just buy the game for the PS3, I tried renting it. No Blockbusters carried it, yet they all had half a dozen copies of the Show. Buying it was also difficult, as Best Buy had 2 copies, and they were mixed in on an endcap with all the other verions of both 2k10 and the Show.

I still have the Show '09 for when I want that experience. 2k10 is a breath of fresh air for me. I'm loving the right stick controls. They really bring you into the game and make you feel a part of the action.
I went to rent it last night at blockbuster, the rep told me that they did not receive any shipments and was unsure if they will be getting it in the future.. I asked him to search other blockbusters, all of them do not have copies either. Weird, but they had about 20 copies of 2k9 for sale.

I really want to buy this game, however from what I have read there are too many franchise problems. ie messed up stats. If they are not addressed in the upcoming patch then it looks like the show for me!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #807
Welcome

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I use a timing method only (don't touch the left stick) and hit one or so per game. The funny thing is that I'm usually a better pitcher than hitter in baseball games but I find hitting to be no problem in this game for me. Obviously there are quite a few guys that are struggling with this. Are you using the swing stick? I am. Guys with classic say it's much harder to hit HRs.

On a different note, one of my favourite things about this game is the pitching system. I love the gesture pitching. The cpu will take pitches as well as chase pitches occasionally out of the zone. However, gesture pitching is too dependent on the gesture and not dependent enough on pitcher ratings. Dontrelle Willis should struggle with control even if he hits the gestures perfectly. I do think the ratings seem to matter on the outcome of the pitch but I wish they had more of an effect on the pitch control. Hopefully they tweak that a little with the patches.
Thanks for the tip, I will try that out this evening. I started with the hit stick then I switched to classic but I still couldn't hit a home run. I'm switching back to the hit stick after your advice. Are you saying that you never use the left stick to aim?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #808
Welcome

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga-Yo
I am enjoying this game a lot. Just feels so much better than 2k9 did, quite a bit smoother and the My Player is a blast. Also, not too important, but the soundtrack is much better than 2k9's which I almost immediately turned off. I kinda like the songs in this one.

I give it an 8.5/10.
Hmmm, that's the one thing I don't like about this game. I guess it's a fair trade. The one year they make tremendous improvements to the game, the soundtrack goes down hill IMHO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »