Home

Old 03-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #817
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Inge finally hit one and then Cabrera had a walkoff HR - my first for 2K10.
I'm still waiting on my first walk-off in 2K10. Hadn't really had an opportunity to hit one though, yet.

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #818
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm absolutely atrocious with the swing stick. I struck out 20 times in my most recent game. It's like reaction times are very different. I use classic and I get immediate results.

Obviously it's just me adjusting to the swing stick but I'm not sure I like it anyway.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #819
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
2k9 was MUCH more 'paced' then 10.
it seems, and there nothing i can do via sliders, that this game is being played in warp speed.
I'm not sure i want to purchase based on this issue alone that keeps coming up in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I've read that as well, but I don't understand it, really. .
Is this really an issue?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #820
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I'm absolutely atrocious with the swing stick. I struck out 20 times in my most recent game. It's like reaction times are very different. I use classic and I get immediate results.

Obviously it's just me adjusting to the swing stick but I'm not sure I like it anyway.
same here yankee, heck i am just trying to find the one that gives me the best hit variety!

that seems to be a back and forth process.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #821
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
same here yankee, heck i am just trying to find the one that gives me the best hit variety!

that seems to be a back and forth process.
Take this however way you want (could just be me getting better) but playing on All-Star, Classic Swing, I adjusted batting contact to 60 (that's a bump) and found a bit more hit variety.

Watching replays, I found that my bat was making contact with the ball on swings I normally wouldn't have made contact with the setting at 40. I'm not saying I was making unrealistic contact. I personally found that I was being penalized for swinging at bad pitches. The bat was covering more of the plate and outside zone and it results in more lazy ground balls and a few lucky bloops.

I struck out less so I might bump it down but I still only managed one run on 6 hits (had one double - I've put fielding speed at 35 for both sides and I like it - the only issue is the CPU doesn't take smart routes to the ball. It believes it'll get to the ball with default speed and then have to race back to get to it. It's a trade off and even with that I wouldn't have made third so I was content).
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #822
MVP

OVR: 10

How do you save a camera setting?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #823
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Here are a few things annoy the heck out of me while playing the game:

1) In My Player (not sure if it's anywhere else, I spend most of my time in MP) the first pitch by the CPU pitcher is almost always 5-8 mph slower than the listed pitch speed. It's like clockwork. 96mph fastball? Not if it's the first pitch. It's now 89-90.

2) Game created pitchers and their odd pitch speeds. A real life pitcher does not throw a 95mph Fastball and an 83mph 2 seamer. Also, a real life pitcher does not throw a 94mph sinker and an 85mph fastball. Curveballs/Changeups that are faster than Fastballs occur as well.

3) Dive backs into the base during a pickoff attempt (this has been pounded on these boards for awhile).

That's about it really. Nothing else really makes me mad or annoyed more than these 3 things.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #824
Rookie

OVR: 5

I know it's been said already but I gotta say it again, the presentation in this game is simply top notch. The best I can recall in a video game. MLB Today keeps it fresh and is such a great addition and was implemented so well. That, combined with the seamless commentary and broadcast style visuals, really draws you into the game itself. Some of the in-game stats and related commentary just blows me away sometimes.

I know the gameplay has a few niggles (nothing game-killing for me; I'm still having a blast!), but kudos to 2K for the stellar presentation.

EA, you listenin'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »