Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #857
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

MY last few games played, I've had a big problem; CPU hitters swing at EVERYTHING. I didn't have this issue until the most recent update; am I alone?
brendanrfoley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:26 AM   #858
Live your life
 
Gotmadskillzson's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 22,178
Blog Entries: 91
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Basically.........the commentary is about the only great thing about this game. Everything else about the game is either average or subpar. Pitching and batting is annoying to me. I don't want to do all that movement with sticks just to throw a pitch or swing a bat.

Lack of homers, errors, injuries.......I don't know to me 2k8 was better then this year and last year version.
Gotmadskillzson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #859
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I am a huge 2k10 supporter, but I think I finally am coming around to the fact that I just can't get into this game without having control of the fielders. I caved and bought The Show last week and while I'm not comparing the two game I am stating that having complete control of your fielders really makes a huge difference. Any other baseball game would have made me realize this; it just happens it was the show I played. It's hard to go back to 2k10 when the fielder's are 99% automatically controlled. To me there is really no acceptable reason for auto fielding like this and because 2k10 was the only game I was playing I wasn't able to realize how much I was missing out on. Now I realize it's a necessity in any baseball game to have manual fielding. Guess I had forgotten this. Still a fun baseball game, but much is taken away.
Juiceman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #860
MVP
 
duke776's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,055
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
I am a huge 2k10 supporter, but I think I finally am coming around to the fact that I just can't get into this game without having control of the fielders. I caved and bought The Show last week and while I'm not comparing the two game I am stating that having complete control of your fielders really makes a huge difference. Any other baseball game would have made me realize this; it just happens it was the show I played. It's hard to go back to 2k10 when the fielder's are 99% automatically controlled. To me there is really no acceptable reason for auto fielding like this and because 2k10 was the only game I was playing I wasn't able to realize how much I was missing out on. Now I realize it's a necessity in any baseball game to have manual fielding. Guess I had forgotten this. Still a fun baseball game, but much is taken away.
I agree, this takes a lot of the fun out of the game for me. I mean it's a good game and all, but not having control of our fielders is really starting to get to me. I cannot count the number of times I have had a middle infielder start running straight for the outfield wall instead of continuing to try and field the ball. Or a first/third baseman running towards the bag when a ball is hit to them. Or how there's only certain times when the dive button works.

I have no doubt it will still be like this after the patch, but if it stays like this next year count me out.
duke776 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #861
Aka."Footballforever"
 
RoyalBoyle78's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Yonkers N.Y.
Posts: 23,724
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

honestly, I now have own games for both systems, and I'm pretty amazing how much better MLB is on the 360, I looks so much better and to be plays better.
__________________
N.Y Mets
N.Y Giants
N.Y Knicks
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes


Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
RoyalBoyle78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #862
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
Tomba's Arena
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 8,774
Blog Entries: 118
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
I am a huge 2k10 supporter, but I think I finally am coming around to the fact that I just can't get into this game without having control of the fielders. I caved and bought The Show last week and while I'm not comparing the two game I am stating that having complete control of your fielders really makes a huge difference. Any other baseball game would have made me realize this; it just happens it was the show I played. It's hard to go back to 2k10 when the fielder's are 99% automatically controlled. To me there is really no acceptable reason for auto fielding like this and because 2k10 was the only game I was playing I wasn't able to realize how much I was missing out on. Now I realize it's a necessity in any baseball game to have manual fielding. Guess I had forgotten this. Still a fun baseball game, but much is taken away.

try out the tombasports roster in the roster thread
__________________
Brand New Tomba Slider sets ready for Next Gen Versions of NBA,Madden and Fifa Stay Tuned...
Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #863
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
Tomba's Arena
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 8,774
Blog Entries: 118
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I agree, this takes a lot of the fun out of the game for me. I mean it's a good game and all, but not having control of our fielders is really starting to get to me. I cannot count the number of times I have had a middle infielder start running straight for the outfield wall instead of continuing to try and field the ball. Or a first/third baseman running towards the bag when a ball is hit to them. Or how there's only certain times when the dive button works.

I have no doubt it will still be like this after the patch, but if it stays like this next year count me out.
again try out the roster I've made these issues have been fixed... check the thread in the roster area
__________________
Brand New Tomba Slider sets ready for Next Gen Versions of NBA,Madden and Fifa Stay Tuned...
Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #864
Aka."Footballforever"
 
RoyalBoyle78's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Yonkers N.Y.
Posts: 23,724
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
again try out the roster I've made these issues have been fixed... check the thread in the roster area
are the rosters on 2kshares, if so what the name, who has the best sliders too?
__________________
N.Y Mets
N.Y Giants
N.Y Knicks
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes


Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
RoyalBoyle78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.

Top -