Home

Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 AM   #881
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
Why don't they work for franchise mode?
It's because he has lowered the ratings so much that while they are balanced among the teams, the players in the minors are now way better. So by midseason, all of the AI controlled teams will have jacked up lineups full of minor leaguers.

So while the edited ratings really improved the gameplay, they break the AI's ability to manage its rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #882
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
It's because he has lowered the ratings so much that while they are balanced among the teams, the players in the minors are now way better. So by midseason, all of the AI controlled teams will have jacked up lineups full of minor leaguers.

So while the edited ratings really improved the gameplay, they break the AI's ability to manage its rosters.
Only if 2K included the simple season mode.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #883
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Only if 2K included the simple season mode.
season mode season mode season mode...

I would play this so much more just trying to get certain guys stats throughout the season like in real life
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #884
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Well, I may be on the odd aside of things these days, but I love this game, and since owing both system, I have to confess this game play and look that much better on the 360, it's a shame, but it does.

Anyway, I'm enjoying 2k lots this year. Played it much more then the show when I owned the Show.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #885
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Guys, I've got a question about MLB Today. If I pick up the game today, can I go back and play any game from the beginning of the season up to today?

Aside from the mostly auto fielding (which I can live with), is there a glaring issue(s) with the game that I should be aware of before making a purchase?
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #886
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Well, I may be on the odd aside of things these days, but I love this game, and since playing it on both systems, I have to confess this game play and look that much better on the 360, it's a shame, but it does.

Anyway, I'm enjoying 2k lots this year. Played it much more then the show when I owned the Show.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #887
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Guys, I've got a question about MLB Today. If I pick up the game today, can I go back and play any game from the beginning of the season up to today?
No, you can only plat the current day's games. I'd love to see this expanded in the future, but it is still a really nice feature.

Quote:
from the mostly auto fielding (which I can live with), is there a glaring issue(s) with the game that I should be aware of before making a purchase?
At this point, there seem to be no errors or injuries. Injuries do occur while simming games, but not while playing. But there are no bobbled balls, and most every throw is right on target. there is some hope that this will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Also, the franchise play is underwhelming. The stats do not sim well, and player fatigue seems to be poorly handled. I'm playing out a season, and it is fine from a gameplay point of view. The season presentation is really, really good.

It is frustrating that when you want to play a random game under Play Now, you cannot set the opposing team's pitcher or line-up.

I doubt the franchise gets patched up, and since 2K9 had the same issue with assigning opposing pitchers and line-ups, I doubt this is getting fixed either.

I can say that I have enjoyed the heck out of the game. It is a lot of fun to play.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #888
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
No, you can only plat the current day's games. I'd love to see this expanded in the future, but it is still a really nice feature.

At this point, there seem to be no errors or injuries. Injuries do occur while simming games, but not while playing. But there are no bobbled balls, and most every throw is right on target. there is some hope that this will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Also, the franchise play is underwhelming. The stats do not sim well, and player fatigue seems to be poorly handled. I'm playing out a season, and it is fine from a gameplay point of view. The season presentation is really, really good.

It is frustrating that when you want to play a random game under Play Now, you cannot set the opposing team's pitcher or line-up.

I doubt the franchise gets patched up, and since 2K9 had the same issue with assigning opposing pitchers and line-ups, I doubt this is getting fixed either.

I can say that I have enjoyed the heck out of the game. It is a lot of fun to play.
Thanks for the feedback. I may just wait for the 2nd patch details to be revealed before picking the game up.

As for franchise, as much as I like to think I'm a franchise guy, when it comes to baseball I have a real tough time getting through 162 games. Can you change the length of seasons? Like say, play 81 or 100 games? I never get too caught up in sim stats, so no worries there.

Sounds like the on-field stuff is pretty good and that's my main concern. I just want to have fun.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »