Home

Old 05-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #897
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
No, you can only plat the current day's games. I'd love to see this expanded in the future, but it is still a really nice feature.
This is not true.

You can play any two teams against in each other in MLB Today. Just go to the area of the UI where today's scheduled games are, scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose 'Quick Game' - This will be an MLB Today quick game, with all the context and stats, as if those teams were really playing that day.

You could do the same thing in NBA Today. I don't know why nobody knows about this.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #898
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp30
has anyone ever finished a 162 game season i still haven't finished mine in mlb 08 LOL
I have only completed a 162 game schedule once by playing every game and that was years ago.. Now I just play the first 5 games of the season so I can use all 5 starters and then I play 1 game in each series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
How do you turn off that pitch indicator thing when you're batting?? I'm talking about the thing that tells what the pitch is going to be right before the pitcher throws it. It's REALLY pissing me off and I can't figure out how to get rid of it!
I like this feature.. It gives me the feeling that I am picking up the spin on the pitch.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #899
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I won the first game of my series with Cleveland to snap a 4 game losing streak. In game two the announcers actually noted my win yesterday snapped a 4 game losing streak. The specific commentary and stats are great. They show stats for players over the last week, month, three games, whatever. That part of the game is done very well.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #900
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I won the first game of my series with Cleveland to snap a 4 game losing streak. In game two the announcers actually noted my win yesterday snapped a 4 game losing streak. The specific commentary and stats are great. They show stats for players over the last week, month, three games, whatever. That part of the game is done very well.
Yep, the only thing that sucks is that after the all star break the team stats over a certain amount of time will all show 0's during the game. I don't know how long this will last, but I've already played 20 games past the all star break and they still aren't showing anything but 0's.

Now the player specific one's are showing up correctly still which is great. Although I hate that they continue to show Ryan Theriots, because the games just continue to increase and the average just continues to decrease(it shows his last "however many" games).
Old 05-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #901
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I have only completed a 162 game schedule once by playing every game and that was years ago.. Now I just play the first 5 games of the season so I can use all 5 starters and then I play 1 game in each series.

I like this feature.. It gives me the feeling that I am picking up the spin on the pitch.

I like the feature too, reminds me of MVP 2005 with the colored balls tipping off the pitch. If you want no indicators whatsoever you must turn off both the strike zone in Presentation Settings AND BATTERS EYE in Game Settings

Last edited by bulls23; 05-07-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #902
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
This is not true.

You can play any two teams against in each other in MLB Today. Just go to the area of the UI where today's scheduled games are, scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose 'Quick Game' - This will be an MLB Today quick game, with all the context and stats, as if those teams were really playing that day.

You could do the same thing in NBA Today. I don't know why nobody knows about this.
But you can't play games based on an earlier point in the season. You can't play the April 12th game.

You can play random games that will contain the same stats an updated information as the current day's games. But this isn't what I think the original guy wanted to do. I assumed he might want to go back to the first game of a series and play the games the led up to today's game.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #903
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm on need of a little help. How do you switch players on defense? Thanks
Old 05-06-2010, 01:32 AM   #904
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Finally got around to buying this today. I tried out the demo on the 360 and I was "Instantly" hooked. Something about this game made me take the plunge. Peace!!!
lets hear ur thoughts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »