Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #897
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
No, you can only plat the current day's games. I'd love to see this expanded in the future, but it is still a really nice feature.
This is not true.

You can play any two teams against in each other in MLB Today. Just go to the area of the UI where today's scheduled games are, scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose 'Quick Game' - This will be an MLB Today quick game, with all the context and stats, as if those teams were really playing that day.

You could do the same thing in NBA Today. I don't know why nobody knows about this.
basehead617 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #898
JEM
Banned
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Feb 2009
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp30
has anyone ever finished a 162 game season i still haven't finished mine in mlb 08 LOL
I have only completed a 162 game schedule once by playing every game and that was years ago.. Now I just play the first 5 games of the season so I can use all 5 starters and then I play 1 game in each series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
How do you turn off that pitch indicator thing when you're batting?? I'm talking about the thing that tells what the pitch is going to be right before the pitcher throws it. It's REALLY pissing me off and I can't figure out how to get rid of it!
I like this feature.. It gives me the feeling that I am picking up the spin on the pitch.
JEM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #899
Jerami Grant - boom!
 
rudyjuly2's Arena
 
OVR: 75
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Kingsville, ON
Posts: 14,340
Blog Entries: 110
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I won the first game of my series with Cleveland to snap a 4 game losing streak. In game two the announcers actually noted my win yesterday snapped a 4 game losing streak. The specific commentary and stats are great. They show stats for players over the last week, month, three games, whatever. That part of the game is done very well.
rudyjuly2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #900
MVP
 
duke776's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,055
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I won the first game of my series with Cleveland to snap a 4 game losing streak. In game two the announcers actually noted my win yesterday snapped a 4 game losing streak. The specific commentary and stats are great. They show stats for players over the last week, month, three games, whatever. That part of the game is done very well.
Yep, the only thing that sucks is that after the all star break the team stats over a certain amount of time will all show 0's during the game. I don't know how long this will last, but I've already played 20 games past the all star break and they still aren't showing anything but 0's.

Now the player specific one's are showing up correctly still which is great. Although I hate that they continue to show Ryan Theriots, because the games just continue to increase and the average just continues to decrease(it shows his last "however many" games).
duke776 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #901
Banned
 
bulls23's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoosier Land
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I have only completed a 162 game schedule once by playing every game and that was years ago.. Now I just play the first 5 games of the season so I can use all 5 starters and then I play 1 game in each series.



I like this feature.. It gives me the feeling that I am picking up the spin on the pitch.

I like the feature too, reminds me of MVP 2005 with the colored balls tipping off the pitch. If you want no indicators whatsoever you must turn off both the strike zone in Presentation Settings AND BATTERS EYE in Game Settings

Last edited by bulls23; 05-07-2010 at 02:21 PM.
bulls23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #902
Rookie
 
JayhawkerStL's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,419
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
This is not true.

You can play any two teams against in each other in MLB Today. Just go to the area of the UI where today's scheduled games are, scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose 'Quick Game' - This will be an MLB Today quick game, with all the context and stats, as if those teams were really playing that day.

You could do the same thing in NBA Today. I don't know why nobody knows about this.
But you can't play games based on an earlier point in the season. You can't play the April 12th game.

You can play random games that will contain the same stats an updated information as the current day's games. But this isn't what I think the original guy wanted to do. I assumed he might want to go back to the first game of a series and play the games the led up to today's game.
JayhawkerStL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #903
Hall Of Fame
 
Flightwhite24's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 11,852
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I'm on need of a little help. How do you switch players on defense? Thanks
__________________
The poster formerly know as "FLIGHTWHITE"
Flightwhite24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:32 AM   #904
MVP
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Finally got around to buying this today. I tried out the demo on the 360 and I was "Instantly" hooked. Something about this game made me take the plunge. Peace!!!
lets hear ur thoughts
econoodle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Top -