Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #905
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
lets hear ur thoughts
I'm really digging this game. I have noticed some weird things like the catcher not making tags at home plate, the player movement seems to be in HYPER mode, everything is just to fast.

As far us straight, pure fun goes? This game has it. The pitching to me is just incredible. Never have I experienced anything like it.

Pretty good game if you ask me. Peace!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #906
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I'm on need of a little help. How do you switch players on defense? Thanks
Pretty sure you press start, go to subs, and then go to defensive positioning or subs.

Quote:
I'm really digging this game. I have noticed some weird things like the catcher not making tags at home plate, the player movement seems to be in HYPER mode, everything is just to fast.
You can get your players to make the tag by holding the RB button(on 360, I assume it'd be R1 on ps3).
Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #907
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'm on need of a little help. How do you switch players on defense? Thanks
On the PS3 it is X I reckon.. Dont know about the 360. If that is what you mean anyways.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #908
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
On the PS3 it is X I reckon.. Dont know about the 360. If that is what you mean anyways.
It's A for 360, when I replied I thought he was talking about switching players position in game, but now that I read it again I'm pretty sure you're right.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #909
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7

Do fielders still have rocket arms or was there a patch that fixed this? I'm presently playing The Show but it's starting to get a little stale
Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #910
Banned

OVR: 0

Still waiting for the next patch to start a proper franchise game. While I have found sliders that have the game pretty good when I play, I decided to try something new yesterday.

I'm playing a bunch of random games via MLB Today and I'm playing just on Pro difficulty. The plan is to start seeing if I can get some achievements and see how many cards i unlock. I don't care at all about how realistic all of the stats are, as I am just playing it as an arcade game.

But the thing is, my games still result in believable scores and basic baseball strategy is generally useful. The presentation in MLB Today makes it a great way to keep up with standings and stats from around the league.

Sure, there are no errors and the OF are too darn quick which results in more station to station play. But as a a casual pick-up game, it is fantastic. I drew two walks in the first inning of one game. And yes, it has made throwing strikes even easier, although I have walked a few by pitching to the catcher suggestions. And the slow meters are oddly difficult to time.

I'm anxious to play franchise with realistic sliders and all of that. But in the meantime, it has been fun actually unlocking achievements and earning player cards. And the game holds up fantastically as an pick-up and play arcade title. This is so working to keep me interested while I wait on the second patch.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #911
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduke
Do fielders still have rocket arms or was there a patch that fixed this? I'm presently playing The Show but it's starting to get a little stale
they do have rocket arms, but it is not nearly as bad as first thought. Once I lowered the fielder speed down to 20-25, it takes the OF long enough to get to the ball that you get the normal two bases on singles, and you can score from first on a double.

I'd like to see the arms toned down some, but not as much as I thought at first.

The best think 2K10 has going for it is that it absolutely does not get stale. It's flat out fun to play. The MLB Today presentation just gets better as the season has gone on. You get current standings and league leaders, players have accurate stats as of that day, including the split stats they throw up like HR over last 10 games, avg vs. pitcher, and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #912
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm only going to comment on the PC version of this game (with 360 controller).

This game is more "fun" to play than the Show, and the COMMENTARY makes each game feel like a real game.

IMHO the game shines in gameplay, graphics (on PC) and commentary.

The Show has features, and animations.

Hell, MLB 2k even has multi team ownership which allows me to watch multiple games for multiple teams in a season.

Love this title. Now I just want them to get check swings into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »