Home

Old 05-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #913
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
they do have rocket arms, but it is not nearly as bad as first thought. Once I lowered the fielder speed down to 20-25, it takes the OF long enough to get to the ball that you get the normal two bases on singles, and you can score from first on a double.
Exactly! Rocket arms are a complete non-issue when you lower fielder speed to around 25. Arms are too accurate but the strength is perfectly fine.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #914
Pro

OVR: 16

I was just playing this game at a friends. I have been trying to hold out on getting it and instead hopefully get a PS3 and The Show for graduation, but now I am thinking otherwise. I have no clue how the franchise mode is or how "My Player" is, but I was pleasantly surprised by the gameplay. Even though that and the graphics were the one thing I alwasy thought 2K had over the show, 2k10's gameplay and graphics were amazing, IMO. And I will probably be getting this game, if I read good things about franchise.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #915
Pro

OVR: 6

I just played this game and am pleasantly surprised. When reading the forums, you'd get the impression this is a very modest game. However, I sam the Show at a Gamestop and I did NOT think the graphics were better. My first game of 2K was a 14 inning 1-0 game between the Cubs and Reds. And the announcing, lighting and experience was GREAT. For the first time in a baseball game, I give up walks, it isn't a homerfest, fielding is not a futile experience and the announcers don't repeat themselves so often that it gets boring. I'm hoping the patch will fix things such as errors and basestealing (can't do it), but I think this game doesn't get the credit it deserves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #916
Rookie

OVR: 4

is the ps3 version toned down or is it just my tv? I played 2k10 for about 2 hours then went back to playing the show and it looked like I was watching a real game on TV. It could be my television but I see a very big difference in the two titles...
Old 05-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #917
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery 09
is the ps3 version toned down or is it just my tv? I played 2k10 for about 2 hours then went back to playing the show and it looked like I was watching a real game on TV. It could be my television but I see a very big difference in the two titles...
it's not just you. IMO, the ps3 version looks terrible even when the show is not in the conversation.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #918
Rookie

dont get me wrong, I really want to like this game because it has some good things and my Fiance bought it for me because its baseball but my goodness, I was just wondering what people thought about the ps3 version of this game
Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #919
Rookie

Graphics for the ps3 version are awful - doesn't stop me from enjoying the game though.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #920
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Finally pulled the trigger and picked this game up today. Love it!!!

Played 3 games so far and have had nice variety of results (playing default PRO right now). Won 6-4 in my first game, lost 1-0 in 10 innings in the 2nd and am down 6-0 in my 3rd game. All games were either MLB Today or Exhibition games.

Definitely notice a difference between good starter and the No. 4 and 5 guys. I only gave up 6 hits and zero runs with Pelfrey (I was the Mets in each game), while Niece got rocked in game one, but the bullpen stabilized things.

Right now, I think the only slider changes that need to be made for me are to bump up CPU power and mess with the pitching sliders a tad.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »