Home

Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #921
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Exactly! Rocket arms are a complete non-issue when you lower fielder speed to around 25. Arms are too accurate but the strength is perfectly fine.
Can't agree with that. Even after so many play tests...

I think whats happening is that everyones gotten "used to it" and thats all.

Fielder speed affects other things like aggression and overall "getting to" the ball. Also not to beat a dead horse but they've really needed to tone down the fielding by a butt load. Our edit alone had us knocking down stuff by pretty big numerics...

I have no idea if a patch is coming out though at this point to fix what we fixed yada yada but i just wanted them to fix the cutting of the animations at the plate and mound
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #922
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Finally pulled the trigger and picked this game up today. Love it!!!

Played 3 games so far and have had nice variety of results (playing default PRO right now). Won 6-4 in my first game, lost 1-0 in 10 innings in the 2nd and am down 6-0 in my 3rd game. All games were either MLB Today or Exhibition games.

Definitely notice a difference between good starter and the No. 4 and 5 guys. I only gave up 6 hits and zero runs with Pelfrey (I was the Mets in each game), while Niece got rocked in game one, but the bullpen stabilized things.

Right now, I think the only slider changes that need to be made for me are to bump up CPU power and mess with the pitching sliders a tad.
Glad you love it Dan! Cpu power definitely needs to go up and fielder speed needs to go down. The game is fun.

I just got smoked by the Yankees this morning but I saw something for the first time. A robbed HR! It would have been extra sweet if it didn't happen to me. I'm down 12-5 in the bottom of the 9th (just hit a 3 run HR off Burnett who was tired but trying to close it out) and Damon came up against a new reliever. I have been in a real funk with Damon and sent a blast to LF. The arrow was on the wall so I had Austin Jackson running to home to celebrate and the left fielder robbed me! Ended up being a game ending double play as I couldn't get back to first base on time. Cool but hurt at the same time.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #923
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

I haven't played this game in a while since I'm waiting on the patch. Hopefully it can be released soon because this is taking too long imo.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #924
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Glad you love it Dan! Cpu power definitely needs to go up and fielder speed needs to go down. The game is fun.

I just got smoked by the Yankees this morning but I saw something for the first time. A robbed HR! It would have been extra sweet if it didn't happen to me. I'm down 12-5 in the bottom of the 9th (just hit a 3 run HR off Burnett who was tired but trying to close it out) and Damon came up against a new reliever. I have been in a real funk with Damon and sent a blast to LF. The arrow was on the wall so I had Austin Jackson running to home to celebrate and the left fielder robbed me! Ended up being a game ending double play as I couldn't get back to first base on time. Cool but hurt at the same time.
Dang Rudy, that is cool but not cool at the same time.

OK, how the heck do you steal a base in this game? I hold down LT but nothing happens.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 05-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #925
Banned

OVR: 2

I have to say, I'm really enjoying this game. I have ebbed and flowed in my frustration levels to the point where a few weeks ago I may have told you just the opposite. However, after spending some time in franchise mode (yes, I know there are elements that are completely flawed), I've really gotten into my team and season.

First, the pitching/hitting is really where this game shines. Again, I have moments of frustration where I feel like the CPU is just randomly not allowing me to hit despite perfect timing/excellent pitch to hit, but overall, when I get that shot in the gap to drive in the run from first, I have a great sense of accomplishment which is all you can ask for really. Now I had to tweak the sliders to fit my play style so I would get realistic results, but that investment of an hour or two has really paid dividends and has completely raised my enjoyment level of this game.

I still have gripes about the gameplay, like my swings being randomly sluggish, unreasonable amount of line drives caught by infielders, relievers tiring the same as starters, CPU pitchers having too much success at the plate, Human pitchers only being thrown strikes, being picked off because my guy runs in place, and the random bug that pops up now and then, but overall these things are minor in the grand scheme of things.

For all the things I can find wrong with the game, I have very satisfying moments when turning a big double play, shutting down a close game, hitting the big HR, getting two out rallies, being beaten by excellent CPU pitching, being robbed of a HR because I didn't get enough on it, breaking out of a slump with a wicked line drive, and working the count to extend ABs.

I think too often we get caught up in the frustrating details and not seeing the forest through the trees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #926
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
OK, how the heck do you steal a base in this game? I hold down LT but nothing happens.
You have to let go of the LT button as soon the pitcher lifts his leg. I've stolen one base so far. I've always sucked at base stealing and this game is hard.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #927
Banned

Quote:

That sucks, you might have come back, but now you will never know.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #928
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

I am still really enjoying this game. I even saw an error today!!! Playing against the Rockies, Seth Smith dropped a routine fly ball in LF.

I've got CPU Hitting and HUM Pitching tuned just where I like both of them. I'm struggling to hit the ball, though. I think part of the problem is I'm trying too much to hit the ball out of the park and not being patient enough at the plate. My timing is also very inconsistent. I'm either way late or way early on pitches. When I do hit the ball solid, I get good results.

I go back and forth with having the strike zone on/off. I'm just searching for ways to be more effective offensively. I've gone to Classic hitting as I was really struggling with the Swing Stick.

Any tips would be gladly welcomed.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »