Home

Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Yeah, it's a shame. Too bad there is no slider either.

Joe, I've got a question about AI batter aggression that would end up along these same lines (in terms of potential ratings edits).

Are the walk ratings all really low again? If you check the Inside Edge, do you see a lot of C's and D's?
The IE Walk Info in the Batter Breakdown is supposedly wrong, but the system is working as VC intended. This came from a Senior Producer, thing is though the AI is working the count, they are not walking as anything near the zone they are swinging..

As the user if you are patient you will walk.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 4

What about the arm strength?!?!?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #115
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
Though, I do agree with you Jeffy... If this is the least of our concerns and it's capable of being edited by the community and potentially fixed by 2K, this is a welcome relief from last year lol

It's good to know that 2K has already heard our feedback and I have high hopes for a response.
Good point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Joe, I'm wondering if we are able to tone down the throws then will we need to also adjust the baser runner speed? In the demo the runners appeared too fast as even with the rocket arms I was barely able to turn double plays on sharply hit balls.
I have lowered BRS to 25 & it seems good. I also have lowered Fielder Speed to 0 to help with fielders getting to everything. This has produce a couple extra base hits
Old 03-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
FF or BigFnJoe96:

Can you try this for me? Set up a 2nd controller as though you were playing a head to head game w a friend. Can you tell me what visual aids you can turn off? I hope that you can turn off the pitching cursor, strike zone and the pitching aides, (the visual that shows pitch type and how to throw it). This would make head to head gaming ideal.

Thanks for your time!

BigBlue
I'll say, this is relatively big for me too. I would appreciate if someone may be able to provide some insight in this regard at some point. Thank You.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
The IE Walk Info in the Batter Breakdown is supposedly wrong, but the system is working as VC intended. This came from a Senior Producer, thing is though the AI is working the count, they are not walking as anything near the zone they are swinging..

With several games in the demo I was becoming concerned with the ability to walk the CPU players. I ogt a walk her eand there and could have had more if i didnt get swing happy. Not bad for ealry innings. But I had not walked a batter yet. I have hit a few but not walked any and I thought maybe my control was a little to good. Maybe it was a combo of me being to easy to hit the zone and happy swining players.

Between no cpu walks and rocket amrs needing roster fixes. I think ill be passing tomorrow on this and seeing what transpires. I dont have to buy this product as there is another. Id like to buy this product but only if it warrents my money.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #119
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96

Okay...thanks. If you get a chance, can you check the walk rating in the player edit screen then? Hopefully there is some play there (meaning this isn't happening to guys with a 90+ rating).
Old 03-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #120
I <3 My Jordycakes

Padgoi's Arena

OVR: 0

I got the game this afternoon in NYC and played 2 exhibition games, one was Yankees vs. Mets, other Yankees vs. Red Sox (sorry, I'm a Yankee fan).

I can back up what Joe is saying, the gameplay is SMOOTH, smoothest I've ever seen from 2K by far. Furthermore, the gameplay is actually . . . gulp . . . realistic. I'm playing on default All-Star difficulty and first game against Johan, I struck out 17 Times! I know it doesn't sound realistic, but he is AWESOME, mixing up pitches, working both sides of the plate, and changing speeds. All-Star default is HARD! Also, in 2 games, no homeruns, one double, everything else singles. First game I had 6 hits, second 4. I will admit, in the second game, I got frustrated and started flailing, it's very difficult to make solid contact against good pitchers.

The rocket arms are still there, lightning quick slide backs on pick-off attempts are still there, and graphics seem very close to the demo. But so far, I really am impressed with the gameplay!

Gonna go play a bit more shortly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »