Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #265
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

The CPU definitely makes you work for every out in this game (depending on the hitter especially). I'm playing the MLB Today spring training game between the Mets and Braves (I'm the Braves), and while I'm pitching with Tim Hudson, I've already walked three batters in 4 innings so far (with back-to-back walks to Reyes and Bay in the bottom of the 3rd). This is all on All-Star difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #266
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Did not like MLB 2K9 last year. Actually thought 2k8 was better which also had huge gameplay problems. As many have said, it feels like a different game. Need to learn the game all over again.

Early Impressions from 2 games played:

- Best commentary I've heard in a sports game.
- Those wanting to know if your able to edit minor league players. Yes you can.
- Increased the pitch speed to max. Much more acceptable now.
- In 2 games played, have not seen an error. Meter is maxed. Hope others have had more success seeing this in their games.
- Pitching meter maxed to highest level is unforgiving. Difficult for me to pin point.
- Majority of hits are singles up the middle/towards CF. Most likely need to learn how to pitch better. However, majority of my hits were also straight to CF too. Need to keep an eye on this.

Better then I anticipated. Love Baseball, so the more games the better. Need the expert OS slider kings to help adjust hopefully some key areas of gameplay.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #267
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
- Those wanting to know if your able to edit minor league players. Yes you can.
Thank You
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #268
Rookie

icuwoot's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Can anyone confirm for me something I saw yesterday. Bring-in a relief pitcher. Allow the cut scene to play out. Once the stat overlay appears for that pitcher, look to see what position it has that pitcher as.

Yesterday I brought in 3 relief pitchers & each 1 stated they played a different position in the over lay

Thanks
Brought in Damasco Marte, Phil Hughes and Mariano Rivera and they all came up pitcher on mine.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #269
Rookie

OVR: 1

is there an option in franchise mode to manage games like in 2k8? it was left out of 2k9 and hope it returns for 2k10
Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #270
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is no ejections for batters hit. I hit 30 in a row last night in the head and not even a warning.

The graphics during the day game I played last night were horrible. A lot of jaggies. Not nearly as many during night games.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #271
Rookie

OVR: 5

I picked up the game this morning at 10am and have been playing for about 4 hours. I love it!! This is the best experience i have had since mvp and I have played the other baseball game which i am not to fond of. Some thoughts. I have been playing on Allstar

1. Commentary is excellent, unbelievable!
2. Graphics are way better than 2k9 and the game runs very smooth
3. Hitting for me has been a challenge which I like, I think it is the new camera or something but I am starting to get used to it.
4. So far every players face I have seen looks spot on to me. No complaints.
5. Signature styles are there for almost everyone i have seen. I am an O's fan and everyone in the starting lineup has their correct stance.
6. Bat sounds are terrific!
7. Pitching is a challenge at times and the AI will cream you if you keep throwing it in the zone.
8. I think i found a little glitch. When attempting to get back from a pickoff if you have a big lead there is a little hitch in the animation which caused me to get tagged out when clearly i should of been safe. No biggie for me though.
9. The sliding is a little confusing for me, I think you have to hit X then use the left stick to choose which direction you want to slide. I wish it would just be the left stick to slide.

Overall after about 5 games I am loving this game and will astually play a full season. Like many others said the IGN reviewer had no idea what he was talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #272
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, I started out playing My Player, just to see how it is.

I suck so bad...

I can't time this hitting for anything. This is using the swing stick. Currently I'm about 16 games in and my player is hitting sub .130 - 1 walk, 1 double, 34k. 0 RBI.

Getting very frustrated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »