Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #297
Rookie
 
tteeebooooow's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: May 2009
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

i love the gameplay so far hrs a little bit on the plus side but everything else is great i like how i can read pitches now. the only thing i question is the rosters i noticed that strausburgs potential is a 72 idk if that is high for prospects but it seems kinda low for the first pick of the draft but thats just a minor gripe that i can fix but overall i love the game so far
tteeebooooow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #298
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I haven't gone through this whole thread so I don't know if it's been discussed. But, when playing online does anyone find it very hard to actually hit? There actually was no lag at all. My timing was just way off, pretty much late on everything and so was my opponent. I didn't have this problem at all while playing offline
cycoviZion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #299
MVP
 
jeffy777's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Does the game have an option to play short seasons? Or only 162 games?
You can do season of 52, 104, or 162 games. Plus you sim any that you do t want to play, or even sim portions of a game and jump in at a certain inning or whenever you want.
jeffy777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #300
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Another tiny little nitpick as a Cardinals fan- there appears to be no way to have the pitcher bat 8th.

I don't always agree with Tony when he does this, but at the same time, he's done it quite a bit over the years, you'd think they'd give you the option.
jhoff80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #301
MVP
 
bwiggy33's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minnesota
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Does the game have an option to play short seasons? Or only 162 games?
Yeah I don't have the game yet but I know for sure they will. I remember seeing a video the other day that showed this. It's normally like three options. I think you can play 41, 81, or 162. Don't quote me on that however but I will know for sure in about 20 minutes when I get the game.
bwiggy33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #302
MVP
 
jeffy777's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoviZion
I haven't gone through this whole thread so I don't know if it's been discussed. But, when playing online does anyone find it very hard to actually hit? There actually was no lag at all. My timing was just way off, pretty much late on everything and so was my opponent. I didn't have this problem at all while playing offline
Check my online impressions a few posts up. You do have to swing early online. I think the online pitch speed needs slowed down a bit to compensate, which you can use custom difficulty in non-ranked games.
jeffy777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #303
goh
Banned
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
1. I've gone back to the Swing Stick, just seems to yield more hit variety and more power shots. Using classic swing, I've yet to hit a homerun.
Oh lawd! Not again. It was the same problem last year,nearly no HRs with the classic hitting.

As the rental stores completly failed (local one didn't have it and Blockbuster didn't have it on 360) can someone please go in to practice and try it out? Pick Puljos or some other big hitter and hit 20 balls with the stick and then 20 with the classic and keep track of how many HRs you hit.
goh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #304
I'm not on InstantFace.
 
Cardot's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Slider Hell
Posts: 6,088
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Yeah I don't have the game yet but I know for sure they will. I remember seeing a video the other day that showed this. It's normally like three options. I think you can play 41, 81, or 162. Don't quote me on that however but I will know for sure in about 20 minutes when I get the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
You can do season of 52, 104, or 162 games. Plus you sim any that you do t want to play, or even sim portions of a game and jump in at a certain inning or whenever you want.
Thanks fellas. Always nice to have to option for an abbreviated season. I hate simming games, and just don't see myself getting through 162.
Cardot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Top -