Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #321
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Is there a way to play a normal exhibition game and select the starting pitchers? I'm going to repeat that VC did an AWFUL job not giving you a clear enough description (or none at all) about what buttons do what in the menu.
This is one big fat weakness that ha been carried over from 2K9. But I think it may be worse now.

In 2K9, you had to go into the rosters, find the team you plan on playing, and move the pitcher you want to face to the #1 spot. It was kind of annoying, especially if you wanted to alter the other team's line-up as well. Way more work that it needs to be, to have to surf through so many menus to do a simple thing.

But so far, it seems like it actually just picks a random starter from the team you will face. So now you can't even go into the rosters and set a pitcher you want to face.

this is compounded by the inability to look at the opponents bench and bullpen while getting ready to warm-up relievers and picking pinch hitters. If they simply provided an option to view the opponent's roster through the same menu you use to make substitutions, it would make managing the game a ton easier.

As much fun as I am having with this game, it rally sucks that 2K left out such simple options that can have a pretty large impact on how you can enjoy the game.

Seriously, when I read crap reviews like the IGN, this is the kind of stuff that makes it clear they don't know what the hell they are talking about. There are clear things that should be addressed, but are missed because they don't spend enough time with the game before writing a review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #322
Rookie

icuwoot's Arena

OVR: 3

^ Nice Zumaya cover. Need to print me one of those! Hopefully he'll get on track this year.

I think the Camera angle had a little bit to do with it, I moved it up to a Batter 2, Zoom 3 Hight 8, and while my timing is still a little bit better, I'm getting an increase in the number of balls I'm hitting.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #323
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Dirtyjerz, what difficulty are you playing on?
Allstar. I'm trying to win some money, LOL, so I've been practicing on this. It seems right. I ended up winning 5 - 3. Mo came in and shut the door on the road.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 03-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #324
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
HUH??
people think that he's going to somehow sue 2k like the college football players are. Stratusberg or whoever you spell it, isnt going to do anything like that. Dude got a nice signing bonus and he's not hurting for money.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #325
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
people think that he's going to somehow sue 2k like the college football players are. Stratusberg or whoever you spell it, isnt going to do anything like that. Dude got a nice signing bonus and he's not hurting for money.
He might not but what about the other 700 and some minor leaguers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #326
MVP

duke776's Arena

Played my first game, pretty fun an no real issues. I moved the fielder speed down because they were way too fast, and upped the pitch speed to my liking.

Carlos Silva was pitching a shutout up until the 6th inning for me . Then the Reds proceeded to score three runs off of him. Justin Lehr was also pitching a shutout, but up until the eighth inning. Geovany Soto took him yard and he was replaced by Francisco Cordero. In the 9th I was able to to get runners on 2nd and 3rd with NO outs!! But, I failed. A-Ram struck out, Byrd grounded out to 2nd bringing in a runner to make it a one run game. Fukudome grounded out to short to end the game.

.........R....H...E..................
Reds...3...10...0............
Cubs...2...7....0.......

Two doubles for the reds, one double and a homerun for me(cubs).

Only questionable thing was that the reds brought in Cordero in the 8th with no outs, figured they'd bring in a set up man first. Too early to tell if they do it all the time though. Cordero pitched both the 8th and 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Alright I'm gonna double check tonight. You sure you didn't see it in the stat over lay during the cut scene
I experienced this glitch once. Esmailin Caridad(who is white in the game for some reason ), and Angel Guzman came out and they both were listed as pitchers. Carlos Marmol came out and his position said 2B. The difference between them is that I did not press A to try and skip through the cut scene of the pitcher entering on Caridad and Guzman, but I did try and skip through it on Marmol. Maybe that's the problem, have you been skiping through it? I'm going to just let the cut scene play out and see if they are listed as a pitcher or position player on the overlay.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #327
MVP

OVR: 11

Anyone notice occasionally on foul balls you see the game seamlessly changing the crowd from 2D to 3D? I just noticed that on a foul ball that went to the 3rd base side. It looked pretty weird. I saved the game to the HDD, so I'm surprised I'm still seeing these performance issues.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #328
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I experienced this glitch once. Esmailin Caridad(who is white in the game for some reason ), and Angel Guzman came out and they both were listed as pitchers. Carlos Marmol came out and his position said 2B. The difference between them is that I did not press A to try and skip through the cut scene of the pitcher entering on Caridad and Guzman, but I did try and skip through it on Marmol. Maybe that's the problem, have you been skiping through it? I'm going to just let the cut scene play out and see if they are listed as a pitcher or position player on the overlay.
I'm gonna double check it in a little while. I don't remember if I pressed A or not

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »