Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #345
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I'll be getting my copy after work tonight. Can someone confirm if we can save our camera settings? If I remember correctly, we were unable to do so last year. I traded the game in fairly quick so I'm not sure if they fixed that in a patch.
YES!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #346
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ability
Played 2 full games so far. Can't remember the stat lines, although I know the final scores were (1-0) when I play against loss to the Rockies, and (2-1) when I beat the Marlins. Needs some tweaking and I just plain need to get better.

I will say:

Game looks real good. Plays smooth, is 110% better than last year. Everyone knows 'The Show' is king, but for all of us with only one option -- this years MLB 2k won't make you violently angry.
Listen to this man! It IS 110% better...
Old 03-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #347
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Bliss? Utter satisfaction maybe? I am so pleasantly surprised by this year MLB 2k10 for both the PS3 and 360. To get comparisons out of the way I tried out the PS3 version first and...couldn't put it down. 4 hrs later I'm there going i can't believe the game runs so good on PS3. After a bit of tinkering with the camera system(hate the new batting cam thats at default!) but it's customizable and offers the best transition video game baseball from hitting to feild I've seen in in a baseball game by 2kSports.

Where do I begin though to convince Ps3 users of the game now? what do i discuss first? Ahh...Realism. The water in Royals stadium angels and Colorado all looks real. All this talk about 2k not doing even the little things right have been squashed. That's minor I know but trust me I've been waiting for somebody to do it right man!
Gotta love those fountains :O) I guess converting from The Show this year was a good decision for me
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #348
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Are the sliders effective? If classic hitting is still broken as earlier implied could upping the human power slider fix it this year? Everything is good with classic pitching right?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #349
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Batting has gotten a very huge haul as well and feels even better in the final version. what points me in this evidence is when i went into drill mode to hit. I was hitting all sorts of stuff. Line drives huge and lucky homers pop ups bloopers etc. you effin name it!
I hit with classic mode and the adjustment i made to make it play almost like a version of Konami's pro yakuu spirits worked wonders in hit variety.
I had the same feeling when I ran through the drills. Loads and loads of hit variety.

The deal is, this is a really good game. People will dig and find glitches and problems. and because of 2K's history more will be made of them, even though they aren't any worse than any sports game you play. If people want to find ways to say the game blows, they will. They can do it with any game they decide to tear down.

But this is better than the game I was hoping for last year.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 03-02-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #350
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7

What levels of the minor leagues does this game have? The last 2K baseball game I bought was 2K8 and I believe it had AA and AAA. Thanks.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990
Old 03-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #351
Rookie

icuwoot's Arena

OVR: 3

2k8 had Single A too. I haven't played Franchise, but looking at quick game I only see AAA and AA. I have no idea why they would take one away. Seems pretty dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #352
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuwoot
2k8 had Single A too. I haven't played Franchise, but looking at quick game I only see AAA and AA. I have no idea why they would take one away. Seems pretty dumb.
Single A is there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »