Home

Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #361
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I got the game now, and just got done playing a playoff mode game, Angels(me) vs Yankees. I played on custom Pro settings, with pitch speed maxed out. I saw a few things that had me scratching my head... Like Brett Gardner not attempting to throw Morales out at the plate when he had a good shot to get him. He threw to 2B instead... This next one was weird... I was leading off 1B with Aybar, and Marte tried to pick me off, I reacted quickly and thought I'd make it back for sure, but Aybar looked for a second like he was going to run to 2B instead, but then suddenly he dove back like I wanted, but he was stopped by an invisible wall and Teixeira easily tagged him. I saw the player of the game bug too. Torii Hunter got player of the game over Matsui, even though he just went 1-3 with a S0,GO,R. Matsui went 3 for 4 with a solo shot, and an RBI single. Overall, the game play is smooth. I just need to tweak the sliders some more, cause the Yankees didn't put up much of a fight. Playoff mode was kind of a let down. The logos on the field seemed too small, and I didn't see any banners/bunting hanging around the stadium. The crowd wasn't going crazy either.

Last edited by HK-47; 03-02-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #362
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Classic hitting isn't broken I'm having a very good results
So you're getting a realistic ammount of HRs then? 1/2 per game instead of 1/2 per 20 games?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #363
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I must say the My Player pitching careers are pretty ridiculous. With perfect releases and max effort, I still can't even get the ball anywhere near it's intended location.
I bet once you get your ratings higher, if you get a perfect release and max effort, and yada yada, that pitch will be very accurate. I think that's realistic. I doubt your very far, or at least not far enough where your accuracy rating is high.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #364
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
So you're getting a realistic ammount of HRs then? 1/2 per game instead of 1/2 per 20 games?
still working out the slider set but yes
Old 03-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #365
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11
I bet once you get your ratings higher, if you get a perfect release and max effort, and yada yada, that pitch will be very accurate. I think that's realistic. I doubt your very far, or at least not far enough where your accuracy rating is high.
Point is regardless how bad a pitcher is, their fastball should go in some what of a straight line, not magically dance across the plate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #366
Angelinos

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Another biggie that wil help me decide what console to buy it for........ did they manage to get custom sounds on ps3? Or only Xbox still?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #367
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

WTF? I didn't know the game was going to have a create a team feature! I messing with it right now.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #368
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Just tried joes idea and lowered all players arm strength by about 15 and also lowered arm accuracy by 15. Base runners at 15 and fielder speed at 25. I'm getting a nice variety of extra base hits and throws are alot more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »