Home

Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #377
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

So another thing I've noticed is that the residue of the pitch count meter that also shows you the button for substitutions stays up for longer than the rest of it.

Also, it'd be nice if the little first and third base preview windows showed runner speed.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #378
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Well that was a fun spring training, but I still got sent down to AA afterwards;

16IP, 1-1, 1.13 ERA, .087 WHIP, 14K, 14H, 1 HR, 2R, 2ER, 7.87K/9, .205BAA, 2 Saves
Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #379
Rookie

OVR: 5

ok, I couple more things.

- I think the so called "rocket arms" are fine. The baserunners run pretty fast so the arms are there to compensate. For instance a routine grounder to shortstop I fire the ball over to first base and the guy is only out by a step when he should of been out way before that. And these players have mediocre speed, around 70-75.

- I cannot figure out how to slide, can someone help me DO i have to hit X first then use the left stick to control which way I want to slide or do I have to just use the left stick?

- Another thing I noticed was the picher pretty much catches everything hit up the middle which if I remember has been a problem in previous version, but no biggie for me.

- Also a bug I found is if you lead off 3 or 4 steps and you hit the RT to get back, there is a hitch in the animation and will cause you to be out when you should of been safe.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!! Way more then the show.. I just can't play the show, the commentary is boring and the batters have short ******** arms and square shoulders. No one ever points that out... LOVE 2k!!!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #380
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I wanted to update my multiplayer impressions. I just played a custom match with my friend on the west coast and I'm on the east coast, and there was no lag at all AND we didn't have to swing that early like I did in my first ranked match. It was very smooth. So it all depends on who you're playing with and the quality of their connection. The game is a blast online and it's great that we can use our own difficulty settings for custom matches.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #381
Banned

OVR: 2

Am I the only person who finds the batting better than the pitching? I find the batting in this game very addictive and pitchers really pitch to their real life counterparts. Facing a guy like Santana vs Mike Pelfry is a big difference. Especially on the higher difficulties. You really have to time your swing and choose your swing type wisely. If you time your swing right you can be really rewarded as well as far as going opposite field or whatever. I haven't hit a bomb yet on allstar which is my only concern but thats a good thing too. I have hit some lasers down the line for doubles and in the gap that feel so right. I even hit a triple that was just right.

*There may be serious issues hitting homeruns with contact hitters though. I can't even hit a hr with a power hitter on high difficulties yet nevermind a guy like Callaspo.

Last edited by kgisyourfather; 03-02-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #382
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
Really? That's awesome.

Any chance you could give a little info on that? Like how are the logos, colors, options, can you use the team in franchise, etc?
I tried using my created team in franchise and playoff mode, but I couldn't find the team. Maybe because I didn't save my roster? (I didn't want to save it, cause the team was just slapped together) You can name your team whatever you want, but there's not much team logos to choose from. There's a bird one, gargoyle, bandit, viking, and some others... The uniform color selection is deep. You can use MLB team colors, or make your own. It looks like you can pick whoever you want to be on your team. I had two Jarrod Washburn's and two Jermaine Dye's on my team. I put nothing but free agents on my team, but you could pick players from a teams roster.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #383
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
I tried using my created team in franchise and playoff mode, but I couldn't find the team. Maybe because I didn't save my roster? (I didn't want to save it, cause the team was just slapped together) You can name your team whatever you want, but there's not much team logos to choose from. There's a bird one, gargoyle, bandit, viking, and some others... The uniform color selection is deep. You can use MLB team colors, or make your own. It looks like you can pick whoever you want to be on your team. I had two Jarrod Washburn's and two Jermaine Dye's on my team. I put nothing but free agents on my team, but you could pick players from a teams roster.

Hey man since you're in playoff mode, can you tell me if they included a world series celebration in this year? Thanks
Old 03-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #384
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

OK about to install it and give it a spin.....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »