Home

Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 AM   #409
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I've noticed something while playing My Player as a Relief Pitcher. My stamina is a terrible 35, yet I never get tired and have pitched upwards of 6 and 1/3 innings in a game, never really noticing if my guy had lost anything (probably because I'm so terrible). Granted, I am on PRO difficulty, but my 35 stamina guy should probably be able to throw about 30 pitches before he gets to 0 stamina. However, it seems to roughly go down just 1 stamina point per pitch. A 35 stamina guy shouldn't be able to throw 100 pitches before he's completely gassed. If anything, it should go down 2 points per pitch with my stamina so absurdly low.

--- Just threw 39 pitches and my stamina never went under 60. I doubt I'll be putting any points into the Stamina section any time soon.
The Show 08 had a similar issue ( didnt play 09 much so dont know if it was fixed ) where your player would come in the game in the 3rd inning and pitch the rest of the game. I dont know how many times I pitched 7+ innings.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #410
MVP

OVR: 10

what are the options for batting and fielding cams this yr. Also, can u use those cams if watching a cpu v cpu game?

Thx
Old 03-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #411
Rookie

OVR: 3

In My Player mode, the first and third base coaches in AA are the pro ones.

For example, the Springfield Cardinals apparently have Dave McKay and Jose Oquendo.

Haven't played a minor league game otherwise to know if it's only in this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #412
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I have a much longer write-up after my first 3 games on my blog: http://www.operationsports.com/rudyj...0-impressions/

For a quick recap I think the presentation is great. I still think the player models and animations could be better.

I think pitching is the highlight of this game. I think the r-stick system is great and I get the cpu taking pitches, striking out and good pitch counts. It's better than I thought it would be.

I think the hit variety could be better while batting. I'm not sure just how I feel about batting but I lowered fielder speed to 25 and I saw a triple and a fair amount of doubles. Overall this is fun but I think it could be better.

Fielding is awful. You barely control anyone. It's basically an auto fielding with manual throwing. I'm very disappointed in this and I don't like the camera either. Why no camera options on defense? Infielders suck up almost every ground ball as well so there are rarely hits that get through the infield. I actually don't have a problem with arm strength in this game. I saw plenty of players score from 2nd on singles without much trouble. I did see Magglio get thrown out at first from RF but I attribute that to the OF playing way too shallow in this game. The infield plays too shallow too.

Overall the game looks pretty decent. But I really hope they patch the fielding as I'm not sure I can put up with that over a lot of games.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 03-03-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #413
MVP

OVR: 21

Not enough extra base hits...almost all my hits and cpu's are singles.

Pitch counts too low...anywhere from 60-90 tops.

Fielding is brutal. IFs get to too many balls.

Arm strength issue for sure.

Who mo-capped the swing animation?? Terrible.

Best part of the game is the presentation.

Seems like they may need 1 more dev cycle to really get things right. Decent game, but not a keeper unless 360 is your only system.

C
Old 03-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #414
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Not enough extra base hits...almost all my hits and cpu's are singles.

Pitch counts too low...anywhere from 60-90 tops.

Fielding is brutal. IFs get to too many balls.

Arm strength issue for sure.

Who mo-capped the swing animation?? Terrible.

Best part of the game is the presentation.

Seems like they may need 1 more dev cycle to really get things right. Decent game, but not a keeper unless 360 is your only system.

C
I am seeing doubles and and some triples, Mess around the hitting sliders, they work. Pitch count is much better this year I am working the count in every game and seeing pitch counts in the 90+ range for myself and the cpu.

Lowering fielder speed to 0 helps with the infield getting too many balls.

I do think the throwing strength is a bit too hard but the base running speed is kind of fast.

I really think 2k gave us a good game this year and for the first time in a while I won't be wishing I had a ps3 to play a baseball game.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #415
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
I am seeing doubles and and some triples, Mess around the hitting sliders, they work. Pitch count is much better this year I am working the count in every game and seeing pitch counts in the 90+ range for myself and the cpu.

Lowering fielder speed to 0 helps with the infield getting too many balls.

I do think the throwing strength is a bit too hard but the base running speed is kind of fast.

I really think 2k gave us a good game this year and for the first time in a while I won't be wishing I had a ps3 to play a baseball game.
I played with fielder speed at 25 last night and thought it helped a lot with doubles and triples. Does it get too exagerated in the outfield at 0? And the infield was still sucking up nearly everything at 25. I may try 0 tonight to get more infield singles.

What about errors? There appear to be no sliders to help the extreme lack of them in this game.

I think the pitch counts will be good as well although I wasn't keeping track of that too much last night. Is there a quick way to get that stat for both me and the cpu other than a stat popping up occassionally on my screen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #416
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Took the advice of others and droped the fielding down to 20. Seeing a variety of hits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »