Home

Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #441
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Here's my one impression from this game:

The pitching is by far the best in any game I have ever played. It plays a good game of baseball, but the pitching is tremendous. I will be playing this a ton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #442
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Yeah, this is the best baseball game I have played since MVP. I only have a 360, so it was this or nothing. If the game is this good know, I could be in baseball bliss if they release another patch with some improvements.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #443
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

Bought the game loving it thus far.

Pros-
- Graphics are better then the last 2 years
- Gameplay is sweet
- Pitching / Batter is Sweet
- Commentary is so mind blowing

Cons
- Repetition on the commentary on certain things
- Crowd looks pretty ugly
- AI sometimes routes to hits
- Animation links

So far so good, i am playing on Pro right played 3 games now and batting for me is perfect im getting realistic results but the computer is doing nothing on offense i made need to tweak the AI sliders to make them actually score a run.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #444
Rookie

OVR: 5

Joe Nathan's slider is just friggin WICKED in this game. Wow!

The commentary combined with batter/pitcher duels totally make this game. I felt like I was watching a Twins game but controlling the Twins. So awesome. I only played one 9 inning game, but I did not see fielding issues. Good pitch counts, a few doubles and a few HR's hit. Target Field looks sweet. Caught myself just smiling a couple times when hearing the stats. Especially when they announced that Inge was 8 for 22 against Pavano in 2009. That kind of stuff happened all the time and it's just amazing. Obviously one game is too small a sample, but man was that one fun game!

One important thing they seem to have nailed - fear of pitching to a good batter. I definitely haven't felt this in a while. But, after Cabrera blasted one in his first at bat I found myself afraid to throw anything in the strike zone. He punished a foul in his 2nd at-bat and I was officially afraid to pitch him anything decent. I felt relieved when he popped out deep to center. So, pitcher/batter duel is the real deal, IMO.

Last edited by Juiceman; 03-03-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #445
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
Here's my one impression from this game:

The pitching is by far the best in any game I have ever played. It plays a good game of baseball, but the pitching is tremendous. I will be playing this a ton.
A lot of people have been raving about the pitching in this game, but after playing the demo, I've had a hard time getting past 2 things:

- You can't turn off the pitching cursor
- Fastballs seem to have arc to them

Are these just aspects of pitching that people are willing to overlook, or am I making too big of a deal about it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #446
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

A few quick thoughts after playing only a handfull of games.

I played 2K9 quite a bit and enjoyed it but 2K10 is so much better. I really like the new gesture pitching more than I thought I would. I liked the 3-part gesture from 2K8 / 2K9 and didn't think the new 2-part gesture would be fun and challenging. But it is!

I also like the new batting controls and have enjoyed the defensive swing, fouling off balls when at two strikes waiting for a fastball to show up in the hitters eye so I can smack it.

Graphics seem better in some areas but worse in others (i.e., crowd, some player models-Matt Holiday looks very odd) but overall pretty nice, especially the stadium upgrades, scoreboards, etc.

Presentation and commentary is outstanding, especially with MLB today.

A few things I miss from 2K9 that have been removed, or I have not seen yet:
* Pitch tracker
* Hit tracker
* Realtime presentation (seems limited and reduced this year)

Also, what is up with the Home run celebrations? I have only seen two different ones: the guy rounding all the bases and touching home plate and the walkoff HR with everyone at the plate. What happened to high fives at home to the next batter, the low five to the 3rd base coach when rounding 4rd, etc?

I have yet to get into My Player going but that will be tonight.

Overall good solid game, very fun to play. Some glitches of course but nothing I've seen is a killer (hope to see fixed in next patch) but very playable.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #447
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
A lot of people have been raving about the pitching in this game, but after playing the demo, I've had a hard time getting past 2 things:

- You can't turn off the pitching cursor
- Fastballs seem to have arc to them

Are these just aspects of pitching that people are willing to overlook, or am I making too big of a deal about it?
I can understand your point on those. But I'm pitching from the far behind the pitcher camera and it doesn't bother me at all from that angle. Fastballs shouldn't have an arc though (I can still see it) and the more options the better.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #448
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5

loving the game....i think its great all around....but i have to thank 2k again for ruining the behind the pitcher view when batting.... the cpu catcher will always stay in the center of the plate until the motion is started and then all one has to do in mid pitch is watch the catcher the entire time and the ball ends up wherever he sets up a 100 percent of the time....they shouldve made it where the catcher sets up before the ball is thrown (to throw people off) and have it where the catcher has to move to other spots or just his glove instead of his entire body always in the exact spot in mid pitch. i was in baseball heaven until i noticed it again from last year....i guess ill have to just bat from behind the plate again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »