Home

Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #481
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I'm not sure the best place to post this, it's not needing its own thread..

Does anyone have a video of Greinke's windup? (preferably from the over the pitcher's right shoulder view)

I haven't picked up this game yet (obviously) but was just curious as to how well they got Greinke windup down.

Thanks!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #482
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I wonder why VC's version of real-time presentation appears gimped? Currently, its not even as good as last year's representation. The pre-and post-pitch mannerisms from the hitters and pitchers are always skipped automatically in the game. This feature was the ONLY real beneficial addition to 2K9 last year, and you would think VC would use that opportunity to truly flesh out the feature.

Instead, it appears they stripped it of all that made it so impressive that even their main competition added it for their game this year. I'm not sure they could even patch that, unless those resources were already in the game and just needed to be "unlocked."
You might want to check and make sure "Hurry Up Baseball" option isn't toggled on.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #483
MVP

OVR: 38

can you take screenshots in this game?? i mean for the 360??
Old 03-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #484
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
I posted this over at 2K Sports, and I thought I'd put it here as well.

Free Agent/Contract Mess

OK, here is a little more information on the free agent/contract problem that I think is going to bog down the franchise.

First off let me say that I'm not as concerned about the incorrect salaries as I am about the possible flaw in the AI for CPU-controlled teams, their budgets and the breaks they're getting signing free agents.

I simmed a couple of seasons, taking note early in the beginning of each season of some of the top players whose contracts will be coming up at the end of the year. Here are some noteable players, what they were making in their contract years, and what they re-signed for. (NOTE: None of the players suffered significant reductions in OVR ratings; they all stayed essentially the same. Additionally, each of these guys signed with their original teams.)

2010 // Salary in final year of the contract // New Salary in 2011
Josh Beckett - $9.6 million // $7.0 million ($2.6 mill less than previous season)
Javier Vasquez - $9.2 million // $3.3 million ($5.9 million less)
Derek Lee - $10.4 million // $7.3 million ($3.1 mill less)
Jorge Cantu - $4.8 million // $2.1 million ($2.7 mill less PLUS his overall went up by 4)
Derek Jeter - $16.8 // $12.8 ($4 mill less)

2011 // Salary in final year of the contract // New Salary in 2012
Prince Fielder - $11.8 million // $11.2 million ($600 K less)
Corey Hart - $3.9 million // $3.5 million ($400 K less, PLUS a 2 point increase in OVR)
Dan Uggla - $7.5 million // $2.1 million ($5.4 milliion less, PLUS a 1 point increase in OVR)
Jose Reyes - $8.8 million // $4.8 million ($4 million less)
Carlos Beltran - $14.8 million // $11.8 m ($3 million less)
Ryan Howard - $16.6 million // $14.8 ($1.8 million less)
Rual Ibanez - $9.2 million // $5.5 million ($3.7 million less)
J.D. Drew - $11.2 million // $2.9 million ($8.3 million less)
Francisco Rodriguez - $9.2 mill // $8.7 million ($500 K less)
Rich Harden - $8.8 million // $3.1 million ($5.7 million less)
Scott Kazmir - $9.6 million // $5.7 million ($1.9 million less)

Now there were a few guys who got deserved raises. In 2011 and 2012 respectfully Joe Mauer and Albert Pujols got significant increases, but overall the system is flawed. And this doesn't even take into account the fact that many of the players' salaries are incorrect. As I mentioned that's not a big deal to me. What is a big deal is the fact that the players' AI is causing them to take accept some ridiculous pay-cuts. I mean, this sets the players' union back a century. Let's go ahead and bring back the reserve clause while we're at it.

Seriously, as I see it a patch needs to address:
1. Small market teams not playing like their real-life counterparts
2. Players settling for absurdly low salaries

While I don't like that each of those players signed with their former teams, a majority of those players you listed are players that are getting fairly old in baseball terms (wear and tear). For example: Beckett, Vasquez, Lee, Jeter, Ibanez, Drew, and KRod are all getting up there in age and losing some ability (or will lose it in the coming years due to age. I heard of one franchise where Beckett was a 78 oerall by year 3), so the decrease in salary isn't that surprising. As for the other guys: Beltran is injury prone and will decrease, Harden is always hurt and an injury risk. As for JD Drew and his 8 mil decrease? Wait until he's a FA, he'll be happy to get nearly $3 mil a season. All the others seem fairly resonable except for Uggla, Hart and possibly Cantu. Sammy Sosa took a $16.5 million dollar decrease in salary near the end of his career. Perdo took a 7 mil decrease from Boston to NY. It's not uncommon at all in the world of MLB for aging stars to take a pay cut to keep playing.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #485
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
I'm not sure the best place to post this, it's not needing its own thread..

Does anyone have a video of Greinke's windup? (preferably from the over the pitcher's right shoulder view)

I haven't picked up this game yet (obviously) but was just curious as to how well they got Greinke windup down.

Thanks!

As a big Royals fan and someone who's seen Greinke throw from basically the batters box, I can say that they got Greinke nearly perfect. I fired a quick game up with the Royals last night and it made me feel like I was watching him throw on live video. The face animations are perfect as well. Finally a Royals player the game makers worked hard to get right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #486
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
As a big Royals fan and someone who's seen Greinke throw from basically the batters box, I can say that they got Greinke nearly perfect. I fired a quick game up with the Royals last night and it made me feel like I was watching him throw on live video. The face animations are perfect as well. Finally a Royals player the game makers worked hard to get right.
Any chance you can record some behind the pitcher video and put it up on 2K's community site (or YouTube)?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #487
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Stats from a simmed (let it play,didn't pick a team) Reds @ Astros game:

Reds 5 runs,13 hits,0 errors
Astros 2 runs,8 hits,0 errors

Both Astros runs came in the 9th.
Scott Rolen had 3 hits and 1 HR.

Arroyo went 8.2 with the 2 runs allowed. Herrera got the final out.
Moehler went 7 giving up 4 runs and 10 of the hits. Byrdak had a scoreless 8th and Corcoran let up 3 hits and run in the 9th.
Arroyo also had a hit and RBI at the plate.

Stubbs was player of the game with 2 hits,a stolen base and was brought in twice.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #488
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quick impressions:

2K did a GREAT job with moving this game in te right direction. Game is very fun, although rough around the edges. Pitching and hitting are fantastic, and the presentation/commentary? WOW, off the hook!

It's so nice to have two good games again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »