Home

Old 03-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #513
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I figure it's worth double-checking: Are there Online Franchise where there can be a mix of human and CPU teams (like EA NCAA Football)?

I really have no idea why games don't make more an effort to incorporate this feature.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #514
Welcome

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by randogu
Thanks for this....just played a little with BATTER:zoom 4 and I'm liking it much better than what I had been using for my first few games.

I'll second the opinion that turning the strike zone off not only makes the game prettier, but helps you be more selective at the plate. I'd even go one further and say I'm not quite as pin-point with my pitching and my pitch counts have gone up a bit.
I could not agree more. Turning off the strike zone and going with Batter zoom 4 is one of the first adjustments anyone should make if they are having trouble hitting.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #515
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Awesome. Thank you!

I'll look forward to this.
You're welcome but it seems to be going even slower than the first NBA 2K10 uploads. My Sox/Yanks highlights and pic uploaded dunno why the KC one isn't. I gave it another try and it still didn't show up.

I'd like to add to the complaint list...

Having played 1 inning in MLB today and 1 in a Royals game and a full Yanks/Sox game (what a hilarious ending,that one is going in the highlight thread) I have had 3 blown double plays,one in each game all in the early parts. I went to up my throwing slider only to find there wasn't one,I went to lower AI baserunner speed only to find I can only change my own. The throw outs also seem really slow or the AI runners too fast. You shouldn't be able to steal so easily on fastballs. Well the AI stole,I only tried once so far and let go too early. Sliders should be there for those things.

Speaking of slider shenagians yet again custom sliders disable cards and achievements. You lose 2 features just to fix things in the game. Ridiculous.

I'd like to add in how awful the batting cameras are again. I don't know why they don't understand this or even how they think they're good.

Last edited by goh; 03-04-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #516
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
guys, getting ready to d/l the demo for ps3 thursday, questions...

hows the commentary during the playoffs?
do they have special playoff overlays?
do the minor leaguers get called out by name?

thanks ahead of time
I only played one playoff game, but I remember the commentators talking before the game started, about what the Angels needed to do to win the series against the Yankees.

Playoff overlays? Like decorations on the box score that pops up before an inning ends? If that's what you mean, then yes there is. It's a bunch of golds stars or something. There's also logos on the 1B and 3B foul ground displaying which series it is(ALDS,World Series, etc..). I didn't see any of those red,white and blue banners/bunting hanging around the stadium though. That was kind of a let down. I thought I saw a screenshot with them in it.

I haven't played any minor league games yet, but I'm almost certain that the PA announcer will say minor league players names, but only if their name is in the data base though. There's no commentating. Only in the big leagues.

Last edited by HK-47; 03-04-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #517
Rookie

OVR: 4

throwing too SLOW? i thought the #1 problem was supposedly 'rocket arms'? =P
Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #518
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Not enough extra base hits...almost all my hits and cpu's are singles.

Pitch counts too low...anywhere from 60-90 tops.

Fielding is brutal. IFs get to too many balls.

Arm strength issue for sure.

Who mo-capped the swing animation?? Terrible.

Best part of the game is the presentation.

Seems like they may need 1 more dev cycle to really get things right. Decent game, but not a keeper unless 360 is your only system.

C
thats whats scaring me.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 AM   #519
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Just a heads up, there won't be commentary in the demo (only mentioning that since you asked about the commentary ).
hey dalewood, yea i know, sucks.

but,ive been getting my commentary fix from youtube
)
Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #520
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcat02
I don't have time to read through this entire thread, so someone may have found this already, but if you play a game with both the NL Greats and AL Greats then you play at the Polo Grounds. So there is at least one classic stadium in the game.

this is a pain of a request i know, but can u throw out some names u saw in the Greats Rosters?
thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »