Home

Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #529
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This game plays pretty good. But it is outright goofy looking compared to the show. 7/10
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #530
Banned

OVR: 10

Really liking the game this year. One thing i have noticed is that the game is kind of fast between the sequence of the pitcher and catcher. When the catcher is about to throw back too the pitcher, it just flashes to ready and u never see the pitcher catch the ball and get ready for the next pitch. Its always good to see the batter and pitcher get ready in there transition, it just adds to the immersion. The SHOW does this well. Also the pitcher sucks all the balls that gets close to him. These are minor things, just some things i noticed. The game is good and 2k is too be commended for a job well done this year. There are other issues, but the community have already stated those. Hopefully 2k will patch 90% of those issues and have a great baseball experience this year. GOOD JOB 2k!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #531
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Batting cameras are still compelte garbage.
Really? I think the batting cameras are great. I did switch from the default view though. I can't remember which one I used but I think it was either Batter 2 or 3 zoomed almost all the way in so that the batters box is right at the bottom of the screen. I'm having very realistic success at the plate this way (using the right stick, not classic swing).

What don't you like about the batting cameras?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #532
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I hate having the fastball actually break down in the zone, but when I changed the pitching camera to straight behind the pitcher (yes, his head is over the plate, but idc)
I'm using this camera angle as well. If you raise the height of this camera and zoom out a bit you can see everything. So far this is the best view I've come across for pitching.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #533
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
The Bad:

*A few throwing animations that make you go wtf
*The camera sitting on the dead foul ball excessively long
*The cut scene for the RP coming in from the pen is almost laughable
*No check swing as of yet
I agree with you on these. The throwing animations are pretty laughable sometimes but for all the ones they screwed up they really did a great job on some of them so it leaves me scratching my head a bit.

The good thing though about most of the bad things in this game is that (for the most part) they do not really interfere with game play. Most of these are polish-type items which, when addressed, will make the game that much better but I still think they've got a winner on their hands with this year's version.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #534
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I was finally able to get some games in last night. My first copy that I got on release day would not work on my 360, it would freeze right before the first pitch of every game.
I still can not play a play now game but I can play games in the mlb today and I can play franchise games. I have no idea why I can not play a play now exh game, again everytime I try to play one it freezes on the visitors line up card. I have cleared my clache (spelling???) and I have downloaded the game to my HD but it still wont work.
Anyway my impressions of playing 3 spring training games in the mlb today are very positive. In fact compared to last years game this game is golden to me, I am loving it. The game play is alot better then last year and the game looks great on my 47" vizio! There are alot of "little things" in the game this year that I really enjoy.
PROS:
1. Pitching, pitching, pitching! Did I mention the pitching??? I love the new pitching system. I also love trying to pitch against good hitters, you really have to work pitching this year.
2. MLB Today-This new feature is great! It was really cool to fire this up last night and see all the current days games. I really enjoyed picking which of the days spring training games I wanted to play last night.
3. Graphics-I have read some people dont like the graphics in this years game and I just dont agree at all, the stadiums look great. They really added alot to the over all feel of the stadiums this year. I am a Reds season ticket holder and GABP is perfect in this game!
4. Presentation-From the announcing to the graphs showing league leaders they really stepped up the presentation this year.

CONS:
1. Freezing-I dont know how many people are experiencing any freezing, I dont think many are as it is not discussed much on OS. But like I mentioned above for some reason I can not play a play now exh. game, it freezes right before the first pitch at the visitors line up card everytime.
2. CPU Pitching stamina-I played a game last night as the Dodgers vs the DBacks and Haren threw 122 pitches and was still going strong. I really dont think the cpu stamina works in this game, a patch needs to fix this.

Again this is the first baseball game for the 360 that is worthy of next gen. After liking 2k9 last year and playing a whole 162 game season with my Reds this game feels like baseball heaven to me!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #535
Rookie

OVR: 5

What I do to avoid this problem is I control both teams in my franchise mode games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #536
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan2008
What I do to avoid this problem is I control both teams in my franchise mode games.
You do this to avoid what problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »