Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #537
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
throwing too SLOW? i thought the #1 problem was supposedly 'rocket arms'? =P
Listen, I really don;t have an issue with rocket arms at all. if you wanna have a fix for this if some think it's an issue, then raise the the throwing meter slider, it will make throwing a bit harder and you will not see any rockets arms any more.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #538
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
You do this to avoid what problem?
To avoid the problem of CPU pitchers throwing complete games all the time.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #539
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I've seen none and I place my meter in the red a lot on throws to home plate. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever even seen a throw that was noticeable off the mark when throwing to a base (especially 1st base). I'm guessing this will be something VC will address in a future patch.
I have seen one throw really off to home from my cutoff man. Coincidence? I don't know. Anybody tried maxing out the Throw Meter Influence Slider?

I do think cpu base running needs to be patched. They are way too tentative on balls that are certain to drop. They wait way too long to start running.

Anybody play a bunch of NL games and tested the pinch hitting and double switch logic of the cpu? In an exhibition game this morning with the Reds against the Brewers, they pinch hit for Gallardo in the 3rd inning and they were only down 3-0. I hope that doesn't happen often.

Still loving the pitching and the batting is growing on me. Suction fielding needs to go though!
Still haven't seen an error yet. My analog stick skills are weak at times and I've found myself throwing to the wrong bag at times. I might just use the buttons pretty soon - especially when I turn two. I do like the double play animations. Some of the replay cameras on fielding plays are nice (high up). I'd love it if they would let us use some when playing.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 03-04-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #540
Banned

OVR: 7

Playing the Yankees last night in an online game and as I was pitching with Greinke, the commentator (not sure which one) was really going in depth and talking a lot like a real commentator. No choppy risidual nonsense, he was talking about Greinke's career against Granderson, the former Tiger and their past against each other when he was a Tiger. That's a scary first step in the right direction for 2Ksports.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #541
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Good:

-Still love the pitching and can definitely see the improvement in how everything is handled here.

-So far, I'm not seeing the AI aggression issues like some are saying. They are still a bit too aggressive, but much better than last year overall and I've gotten plenty of called strikes, close balls, and even a few walks.
I agree. I think this area looks really good right now. Maybe it gets worse depending on the difficulty level but I have no problems with it. I see guys taking pitches as well as chasing balls at realistic levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
The Ugly:

*No fielding cam options
*No fielding cam options
*No fielding cam options!
Preaching to the choir here! I'd love to have a more zoomed out and dynamic view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
Playing the Yankees last night in an online game and as I was pitching with Greinke, the commentator (not sure which one) was really going in depth and talking a lot like a real commentator. No choppy risidual nonsense, he was talking about Greinke's career against Granderson, the former Tiger and their past against each other when he was a Tiger. That's a scary first step in the right direction for 2Ksports.
Kruk has a TON of detailed stuff on players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #542
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
My analog stick skills are weak at times and I've found myself throwing to the wrong bag at times. I might just use the buttons pretty soon
I didn't know there was another option! I've only ever used the buttons for throwing to the bases. Is there a benefit of using the stick versus the buttons?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #543
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Do any of your guys know if you have to have Xbox gold to have the mlb today feature work?
I currently have gold and it works but my gold is running out in a couple of weeks.
Will I still be able to use this feature once I am silver??
Old 03-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #544
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Do any of your guys know if you have to have Xbox gold to have the mlb today feature work?
I currently have gold and it works but my gold is running out in a couple of weeks.
Will I still be able to use this feature once I am silver??
I'd like to know this too as I'm in the same situation and won't be renewing my Gold membership this year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »