Home

Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #553
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I miss the ability to throw from the outfield, and while the ball was still traveling, you could press LT I believe (Xbox 360) and have the cutoff man come over to cut off the throw. I believe that was in 2K8 at least, and now they have it set where you have to press LB to throw directly to the cutoff man (like The Show).

This is a problem because it takes away from strategy and controllability. If I'm a LF and I'm trying to gun a guy down who is advancing home, but I realize after throwing it that the ball probably won't make it to home in time or accurately, its nice to be able to hold LT and have the cutoff man come over to cut off the throw, and then make a more accurate throw to home from there. Or, if post throw I realize I don't have a chance at home, but another runner is trying to advance to another base, I can signal the cutoff man post throw and have him cut it off and attempt to throw out one of the other base runners.

As it currently stands, I have to decide whether I want to either make the throw all the way to home or throw to the cutoff man first. I think this limits the controllability factor and should be adjusted accordingly. I'm not sure they can add a new button command and "cutoff" animations (where the fielder begins moving towards the thrown ball in order to cut it off) from the patch, but that would be a HUGE deal for me if they could.
You can still cut off throws, if you hit the LB button the infielder will cut off the throw.
Now if the OFers throw is already way over the INFers head he can not cut it off. Also if you can to throw the ball to a cut off man hit the LB button,
Old 03-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #554
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can say this about this game compared to THE SHOW (I own both).

2K10 - The gameplay is more exciting and the player movement/animations are much smoother/realistic.

The Show - Looks Amazing, very realistic in it's gameplay but a bit of a bore.

I think if 2K cleans up its graphics and smooths things out then it will catch THE SHOW in no time. I play 2K10 slightly more at the moment because it's a VIDEO GAME and should represent that to some extent and not give me boring ball.

THE SHOW '10 is a bit to much like '09 to the point where I can't really tell that much of a difference but the game is still amazing to look at but that right there is the problem, I'm not spending money to watch baseball.

Here are some in-game comparisons.

2K10
Pros - Gameplay, Animations (pitcher/batter), Presentation and Fun
Cons - Graphics (just not smooth), Prior to moving sliders it's impossible to get extra base bits, Camera Options (I think there just fine but people are complaining)

THE SHOW
Pros - Graphics, Stat overlays are nice and gameplay is simple to pick up
Cons - Animations (short arms, stiff players and box-top looking players), Boring (just way to real to the point where you don't want to sit through 9 innings of this), Presentation is stiff.

I would suggest THE SHOW if you own a PS3 because graphically it's amazing and easy to play but 2K10 is just a lot more fun.

It's good that we have 2 choices this year but for now I'm going to say that 2K10 is the game that I'll find myself playing for a while because the complete game experience on the field is a more enjoyable experience.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #555
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmYungB
got the game yesterday and been playing all night

only thing i can say wrong is of course the hitting is difficult

also the fielding... always out of position for dive saves and catches

also the player of the game thing.... i had CC Sabathia pitch a shutout with 14ks.. Arod hit a solo blast and also drove in a double which sent jeter from first to home

but mark texieria got the player of the game but went 0-4 2 SO a FO and a GO
They have to give it to TEXIERIA because he's just that good and with how much they pay him they have to make him feel important, HA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #556
Rookie

OVR: 1

I rented the game for a week to check it out and I like what I am seeing. Has anybody else noticed that they didn't fix the mound visit bug from last year? It isn't a deal breaker for me but it is still annoying.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #557
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette
I can say this about this game compared to THE SHOW (I own both).

2K10 - The gameplay is more exciting and the player movement/animations are much smoother/realistic.

The Show - Looks Amazing, very realistic in it's gameplay but a bit of a bore.

I think if 2K cleans up its graphics and smooths things out then it will catch THE SHOW in no time. I play 2K10 slightly more at the moment because it's a VIDEO GAME and should represent that to some extent and not give me boring ball.

THE SHOW '10 is a bit to much like '09 to the point where I can't really tell that much of a difference but the game is still amazing to look at but that right there is the problem, I'm not spending money to watch baseball.

Here are some in-game comparisons.

2K10
Pros - Gameplay, Animations (pitcher/batter), Presentation and Fun
Cons - Graphics (just not smooth), Prior to moving sliders it's impossible to get extra base bits, Camera Options (I think there just fine but people are complaining)

THE SHOW
Pros - Graphics, Stat overlays are nice and gameplay is simple to pick up
Cons - Animations (short arms, stiff players and box-top looking players), Boring (just way to real to the point where you don't want to sit through 9 innings of this), Presentation is stiff.

I would suggest THE SHOW if you own a PS3 because graphically it's amazing and easy to play but 2K10 is just a lot more fun.

It's good that we have 2 choices this year but for now I'm going to say that 2K10 is the game that I'll find myself playing for a while because the complete game experience on the field is a more enjoyable experience.
Why does everyone keep adding the shows impressions or comparisons to this thread??
This is the MLB 2K10 impressions tread, not the MLB 210 MLB the Show comparison thread.
I dont mean to sound like a mod at all, I just dont understand the need to add the pros and cons of the Show in this thread.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:17 PM   #558
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann6
I rented the game for a week to check it out and I like what I am seeing. Has anybody else noticed that they didn't fix the mound visit bug from last year? It isn't a deal breaker for me but it is still annoying.
What bug, the mound visits work fine for me this year, now last year...dont get me started.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #559
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I just finished the first game of my franchise with the Cincinnati Reds vs the St Louis Cardinals and it was an absolutely insane pitcher battle. Wainwright vs Arroyo. Both pitchers went well into the latter innings, neither giving up a run until I walked one of the Cards hitters in the bottom of the eighth with 2 outs. That came back to bite me, as the next hitter doubled into deep Left Center. Ended up only allowing that one run, but that could have very well been the dagger in this game, as runs were at a premium.

I was able to get Stubbs aboard on a chopper up the middle. I was going to bunt him over to second, but guess who got picked off? Yep... 1 down. Phillips comes up, and lines out to 3rd, on an absolute shot, just couldn't find a whole. All hope was lost, until Jay Bruce steps into the plate, and takes a 2-2 fastball deep into Left for the game tying HR. As soon as it hit the bat, the camera changed to a dramatic pan. Absolutely beautiful. Bruce pumped his fist as he rounded first, and the crowd was absolutely lovin it.

Bring in my closer, and get the Cardinals 1, 2, 3 in the top of the 10th, brinigng up my Redstockings once again. Votto was unable to make anything happen (story of the day). Scott Rolen was able to get aboard on a bloop single to CF. I tried to bunt him over to second with Ramon Hernandez... laid down a very nice bunt... pitcher fielded, and threw in one motion, throwing high. Pujols jumped and attempted to bring it down to the bag... but it was too late. First and second with 1 down. The unlikely hero Orlando Cabrera steps into bat, and takes a 2-1 pitch deep to Right Center, dropping perfectly allowing Rolen to motor home... to take the win with a walk off single.

Absolutely a nail biting game.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #560
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighurt27
This game plays pretty good. But it is outright goofy looking compared to the show. 7/10
You sure? I Think what is goofy is the ******** looking arms on the player models in the show. They all look like they have 2ft arms and shoulders of a robot. And in 2k10 you feel much more in control of everything with the swing stick and the pitching. mashing buttons gets old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »