Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #569
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
You can still cut off throws, if you hit the LB button the infielder will cut off the throw.
Now if the OFers throw is already way over the INFers head he can not cut it off. Also if you can to throw the ball to a cut off man hit the LB button,
So you still have the option of having the cutoff man come over to cut off the throw after the outfielder has already made the throw? I was under the impression it was like The Show where the only way to get it to the cutoff man was you had to press the "throw to the cutoff man" button (LB for the 360). Am I just signalling the cutoff man too late after the throw? Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #570
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
If this is true then it's a good thing that Visual Concepts doesn't make first person shooters because they would be horrible.
totally different. IN FPS shooters you dont have that many PC's on the screen at once. in sports games the crowds are whats the issue when it comes to lag. I remember in gears of war 1 there wasnt anymore then what 4-5 characters on the screen at any given time or it would lag. I know they got better with GoW2, but its still not the same as fans in a sports game.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #571
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Is there weather in the game, or is it 80 degrees every game? I just played my first 4 games of the season in NY and not one player had on long sleeves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #572
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxallday
Anyone know if there is arbitration, 40 man rosters in September/September call-ups, etc. like what the show had?
No arbitration, but there are 40-man rosters and September call-ups.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #573
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
You can still cut off throws, if you hit the LB button the infielder will cut off the throw.
Now if the OFers throw is already way over the INFers head he can not cut it off. Also if you can to throw the ball to a cut off man hit the LB button,
I'm going to have to test this out tonight. It would be nice if the cutoff man was actually a cutoff man instead of a relay man. This could be a cool addition.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #574
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Why does everyone keep adding the shows impressions or comparisons to this thread??
This is the MLB 2K10 impressions tread, not the MLB 210 MLB the Show comparison thread.
I dont mean to sound like a mod at all, I just dont understand the need to add the pros and cons of the Show in this thread.
As long as it's well stated, I don't see a problem with that (and it doesn't drone on and on). I mean, did you see some of the crap postings in this "impressions" thread early on (okkk... I"m going to go get the game now and I'll let you know how it is when I get back....")? Sheesh. There's a reason why "twit" is in "twitter".
Old 03-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #575
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Is there weather in the game, or is it 80 degrees every game? I just played my first 4 games of the season in NY and not one player had on long sleeves
good question i to started my franchise in NY and didnt notice any weather at all, i wonder if there is overcasts and things like that ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #576
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmYungB
got the game yesterday and been playing all night

only thing i can say wrong is of course the hitting is difficult

also the fielding... always out of position for dive saves and catches

also the player of the game thing.... i had CC Sabathia pitch a shutout with 14ks.. Arod hit a solo blast and also drove in a double which sent jeter from first to home

but mark texieria got the player of the game but went 0-4 2 SO a FO and a GO
I've noticed the same thing with the player of the game selection... I'm assuming this is a pretty easy patch fix. It's not a huge deal but it would be nice to get it fixed.

Texiera saved my butt last night... was done 1-2 and he hit a 2 run walk-off homer for me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »