Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #585
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
have you tried tweaking the IF speed?
Are you talking about ratings since there is only one speed setting (both IF and OF)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #586
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree but comparisons are only currently allowed in the Baseball (Other) forum. Comparisons done in the 2K or Show forums can result in infractions so be careful when discussing this topic. Some people get very sensitive.
Point taken.

It's really sad though that people get so upset over things such as forum posts over a console game and then those actions actually prohibit open discussion and debate. But you are right... I've seen it in several places and it's best to just try and minimize the possibility of pointless arguments that derail a thread.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #587
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone know if you can create players in this game? Can you create players during Franchise mode? Thanks!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #588
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
Really? I think the batting cameras are great. I did switch from the default view though. I can't remember which one I used but I think it was either Batter 2 or 3 zoomed almost all the way in so that the batters box is right at the bottom of the screen. I'm having very realistic success at the plate this way (using the right stick, not classic swing).

What don't you like about the batting cameras?
Too far behind the plate,zooming in and playing with the height just made it worst for the most part with bad angles. Can't tell the difference between a ball on the edge and one that's going way out of the zone. These are skateboarding cameras not baseball cameras. I tried hitting from the pitcher cam and while it made it easy to get walks and tell where balls are going I couldn't hit a fastball over the middle of the plate from that view. The best view I could get there was fouling off 95% of the pitches.

I finally got a decent one though with batter 2,zoom 2 and height 7. It seems to make it impossible to tell where a slider is going but one pitch is better than all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachtriv
Anyone know if you can create players in this game? Can you create players during Franchise mode? Thanks!
Yes. There's a whole mode dedicated to your created player.

Just had a masterful pitching performance with Zambrano against the A's. 4 hit CG shutout with 7 strikeouts. He was also 2/4 at the plate. Player of the game went to Derek Lee who was 2/4 with 2 RBI and a HR.

Ben Sheets was removed by the A's in the 3rd giving up 8 hits,a HR and 4 runs.
Tomko pitched the remaining 6 innings giving up 5 hits,2 runs and a HR.

So yes classic hitting does work once you fix the batting camera.

Team stats (A's first):

AB's 29 - 36
AVG .137 - .361
Singles 4 - 10
Doubles 0 - 1
Triples 0 - 0
HR 0 - 2
Steals 0 - 0
CS 0 - 0
SB % 0 - 0
Errors 0 - 0
Pitch count 100 - 87
Walks 1 - 0 (that's walks given up not how many walks the team got)
Strikeouts 6 - 7 (that's how many the pitcher got not how many times the team did)
Balls Pitched 25 - 20
Strikes Pitched 75 - 67
Strike % .750 - .770

A glitch did occur,a ball was hit to first in the 9th and I pressed B expecting the ball to go to Zambrano covering but it ended up going to 3rd somehow.

The 2 full games I've played have been by far better than anything from 2K9. (Red Sox/Yanks that I won 3-2 and this)

Still need some slider tweaks and more sliders to tweak to fix a bit of this stuff but I'm going to be missing the PoS3 a whole lot less.

Probably goes without saying but at least now The BIGS 2 is no longer the most realistic baseball game with 2K's name on it.

Last edited by goh; 03-04-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #589
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

One thing I'm still scratching my head over is how many of the supposed signature stances are just generic stances. Beltre, Renteria, Gordon, Cantu, Chris Young, all the legends besides Bench and Fisk. All of those are just generic stances, all used to be actual stances in 2k8. Not sure about 2k9(couldn't edit stances), but why they decided to take these out makes no sense.

Edit: Oh yeah, I K'd 15 times against Chris Carpenter today

Last edited by duke776; 03-04-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #590
Rookie

This game is great even with the few glitches I have seen. The best one so far is a mound visit from Jim Leyland. I took out Verlander in the eighth and when the reliever came in, instead of handing the ball to Perry, Leyland kept the ball in his hand and started walking back to the dugout with it. Lol. I love this game!!
Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #591
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealGooch
This game is great even with the few glitches I have seen. The best one so far is a mound visit from Jim Leyland. I took out Verlander in the eighth and when the reliever came in, instead of handing the ball to Perry, Leyland kept the ball in his hand and started walking back to the dugout with it. Lol. I love this game!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA, That is funny, I guess Leyland didn't care for Perry, great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #592
Rookie

ERRORS - Have you seen many?

I was losing 6-5 in the 9th against the Yankees in MYPLAYER and I was on second, JD Drew hit it to Center, I figured I was out but Granderson dropped the ball and it bounced away from him and I made it home to tie the game. I've seen about 4 dropped balls but then again I've player about 80 MYPLAYER games, not many.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »