Home

Old 03-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #641
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Fielder Speed to 15, CPU Power and Contact at 70 and the game is playing great now.

Can someone tell me if there is a speed burst in the outfield? Or how to slide/how to select different runners on the basepaths?

Getting a nice variety of hits now, plays SO smooth, presentation is awesome, franchise looks pretty deep, graphics aren't the best but certainly passable.

i dig the graphics too.
its somewhere between realistic and cartoony, which i am cool with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #642
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
meaning, the numbers weren't accurate?
like if they say jeter is 2-10 at fenway, he was actually 4-9 or something?
Again, I'm talking about last year's overlays. But, for example, I created a player and started him as a rookie at the MLB level. His overlays kept saying things like "10th in steals in the NL last year."
Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #643
MVP

OVR: 11

Anybody notice how awkward it is when certain players on the field suddenly change to generic player models occasionally throughout a game? Seems like some sort of glitch, and I'm hoping VC takes care of that in an upcoming patch.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #644
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
Yeah, I noticed that a little too goh. Not enough to really make me too made as I'm not a huge base stealer in the first place, but I have to imagine with a few step lead Juan Pierre can steal 2nd base on a changeup.
Yeah I homered Jose Reyes' speed rating up to 99 and still got thrown out on a changeup with a great jump last night
Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #645
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Yeah I homered Jose Reyes' speed rating up to 99 and still got thrown out on a changeup with a great jump last night
I got a 4 step lead with Bourn (99 speed) and barely stole 2nd off AJ Pierzynski, then got hosed at 3rd by 5-6 feet with another maxed out lead and solid jump. I'm thinking about upping one of the sliders that is tied to HUM stealing, but I don't remember the name off hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #646
MVP

OVR: 11

Just played two online games with a friend and the game was COMPLETELY lag free! It was initially jolting to see how fast paced the game progresses in this mode compared to offline (cutscenes and certain foul balls being skipped and such), but we eventually got over that. The game played so smooth with no hitches it was like we were playing a normal offline 2-player game in the same room together. Kudos to VC for how well the online mode plays!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #647
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I got a 4 step lead with Bourn (99 speed) and barely stole 2nd off AJ Pierzynski, then got hosed at 3rd by 5-6 feet with another maxed out lead and solid jump. I'm thinking about upping one of the sliders that is tied to HUM stealing, but I don't remember the name off hand.
The running sliders confuse me, they have settings for speed, pickoff success, and catcher throw out success, but theyre only listed under human. If you switch to cpu, you get different settings like hit n run tendency, etc, so I'm not even sure what slider I wold change to make stealing easier
Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #648
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Just played two online games with a friend and the game was COMPLETELY lag free! It was initially jolting to see how fast paced the game progresses in this mode compared to offline (cutscenes and certain foul balls being skipped and such), but we eventually got over that. The game played so smooth with no hitches it was like we were playing a normal offline 2-player game in the same room together. Kudos to VC for how well the online mode plays!
I concur. I played three ranked games last night and 2 were almost completely lag free (never can completely get rid of lag). The third had a little lag, but it was still playable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »