Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #641
MVP
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Fielder Speed to 15, CPU Power and Contact at 70 and the game is playing great now.

Can someone tell me if there is a speed burst in the outfield? Or how to slide/how to select different runners on the basepaths?

Getting a nice variety of hits now, plays SO smooth, presentation is awesome, franchise looks pretty deep, graphics aren't the best but certainly passable.

i dig the graphics too.
its somewhere between realistic and cartoony, which i am cool with.
econoodle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #642
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
meaning, the numbers weren't accurate?
like if they say jeter is 2-10 at fenway, he was actually 4-9 or something?
Again, I'm talking about last year's overlays. But, for example, I created a player and started him as a rookie at the MLB level. His overlays kept saying things like "10th in steals in the NL last year."
mwjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #643
MVP
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Anybody notice how awkward it is when certain players on the field suddenly change to generic player models occasionally throughout a game? Seems like some sort of glitch, and I'm hoping VC takes care of that in an upcoming patch.
NumberOneRB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #644
All Star
 
reyes the roof's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
Yeah, I noticed that a little too goh. Not enough to really make me too made as I'm not a huge base stealer in the first place, but I have to imagine with a few step lead Juan Pierre can steal 2nd base on a changeup.
Yeah I homered Jose Reyes' speed rating up to 99 and still got thrown out on a changeup with a great jump last night
reyes the roof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #645
The Designated Hitter
 
BA2929's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,290
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Yeah I homered Jose Reyes' speed rating up to 99 and still got thrown out on a changeup with a great jump last night
I got a 4 step lead with Bourn (99 speed) and barely stole 2nd off AJ Pierzynski, then got hosed at 3rd by 5-6 feet with another maxed out lead and solid jump. I'm thinking about upping one of the sliders that is tied to HUM stealing, but I don't remember the name off hand.
BA2929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #646
MVP
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Just played two online games with a friend and the game was COMPLETELY lag free! It was initially jolting to see how fast paced the game progresses in this mode compared to offline (cutscenes and certain foul balls being skipped and such), but we eventually got over that. The game played so smooth with no hitches it was like we were playing a normal offline 2-player game in the same room together. Kudos to VC for how well the online mode plays!
NumberOneRB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #647
All Star
 
reyes the roof's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I got a 4 step lead with Bourn (99 speed) and barely stole 2nd off AJ Pierzynski, then got hosed at 3rd by 5-6 feet with another maxed out lead and solid jump. I'm thinking about upping one of the sliders that is tied to HUM stealing, but I don't remember the name off hand.
The running sliders confuse me, they have settings for speed, pickoff success, and catcher throw out success, but theyre only listed under human. If you switch to cpu, you get different settings like hit n run tendency, etc, so I'm not even sure what slider I wold change to make stealing easier
reyes the roof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #648
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Just played two online games with a friend and the game was COMPLETELY lag free! It was initially jolting to see how fast paced the game progresses in this mode compared to offline (cutscenes and certain foul balls being skipped and such), but we eventually got over that. The game played so smooth with no hitches it was like we were playing a normal offline 2-player game in the same room together. Kudos to VC for how well the online mode plays!
I concur. I played three ranked games last night and 2 were almost completely lag free (never can completely get rid of lag). The third had a little lag, but it was still playable.
drterb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Top -