Home

Old 03-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #681
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I like the fielding in the game; certainly an improvement from last year, but I think they should work on giving the player more controllability. There are often times when I'm attempting to dive for a ball, and the CPU doesn't allow me to do so. The outfielders are no longer under human control once you place the fielder under the ball (or dark ball indicator), so I would like to see a little added control in this scenario as well.
The fielding is one of my biggest issues with the game. It feels more like auto fielding with manual throwing. And I wish I had a more zoomed out camera I could use. I remember the 2K9 (demo) fielding camera being much better and liking that a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan44
Yes, I agree - To ensure my lead runner scores my second runner always gets thrown out

I also have the Show and I can at least set Auto Running.

Bob
Make sure you use the r-stick to control the lead runner. Usually that's the runner you have control over and simply push the r-stick towards the bag you want him to go. The cpu will still make decisions for your other runners for you. You don't have to worry about the other runners much so I don't use the all advance/go back buttons.

I didn't realize we couldn't leave a pinch hitter in the game but the double switch does work when on the mound with a pitcher at least. There seem to be quite a few big issues that need to be patched (no errors in the game is one of the biggest).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #682
Banned

willyburz's Arena

OVR: 1

Just an irritating thing or two, although minor in the big picture...

Target field is a brand new stadium, and three things should be fixed. The jumbotron isn't the small square from the dome the game shows, that entire widescreen is the jumbo, not a small square with small boards on each side of it. Monster widescreen, and the two outside are accessory panels. The minny st paul sign in center lights up, and moves for home runs, and in right center outside the stadium there are more buildings, not open sky.

Hey, I know it's small... BUT its a brand new stadium. It's in the details, so get it right!!!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #683
Banned

willyburz's Arena

OVR: 1

http://www.gephartelectric.com/resou...rget_field.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/toadhall/.Pictures/KDOB/Pictures/Target%20Field-Scoreboard%201-Small.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/mlb.fanhouse....25aj101109.jpg

http://ballparkdigest.com.ismmedia.c...PK202382-2.jpg

Last edited by willyburz; 03-07-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:03 AM   #684
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm enjoying the game somewhat. It's much improved as far as graphics and presentation and I think the batter interface is awesome on allstar. I'm working the count, pitchers are pitching to their real life spots if you look at IE etc. I'm getting realistic pitch counts for the cpu for this reason.

The problem is when on the mound I'm not which makes the game still very unbalanced. For one it's easy to pinpoint your spots. But does anyone else find this to be an issue when pitching to the AI? I waited on saying this because a million dollars was up for grabs. But if you look at IE, batters struggle with certain pitches in certain locations. The problem with this game is it doesn't take into account that batter see's 60% fastball normally and sliders, curveballs are usually an out pitch. There's really nothing forcing you to throw fastballs. If anything the AI is saying throw curveballs and sliders all the time because batters hit fastballs at a good clip. Plus the fact the walk rating is all the same for every batter.

I also don't like the fact the pitching is based around maxing out the meter. They have the controls down as far as going too far to the right and left and hte pitch will go that way with your gesture. But if you've ever watched a guy like Greinke pitch in real life he changes speeds and takes something off his pitches and that doesn't mean the quality of the pitch is less. In this game you dont max out the meter with an 85 rated pitch it just makes it a lower rated pitch.

Plus mix in wonky substitution logic on top of poor pitch counts and it makes it kind of frustration to get anything close to simulated stats here. Plus a lack of errors, etc.

This game is ok but it's still wonky beyond belief.

Last edited by kgisyourfather; 03-07-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #685
MVP

OVR: 46

two things i DON'T like.

when the CPU makes a pitching change, you know NOTHING about it.

why don't they give u a heads up, show his stats,
weird.

second, u cant view pitch history.

ah well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #686
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
saw some things today
CAREER VSnumbers on the batter walk up all seem to be really odd.
like 1-10
2-18
3-29

and its guys like posada vs. verlander.
glitch in da house lol
just checked Yahoo Sports -- Posada is 1-10 lifetime vs Verlander.. where's the glitch?

don't confuse people posting non-existent bugs
Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #687
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker

The little stuff that prevents me from making strategic moves is starting to bug me. You can't leave a pinch hitter in the game. You can't view the other team's bench or bullpen, nor any of their L/R/S status.
To view the L/R/S status pause the game, flick the RS to bring up the 2kNav menu. Go to GAME STATS>BOXSCORE then team of choice and player of choice. Click in the RS to bring up thier player card, which will give you thier batting handedness.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #688
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by randogu
To view the L/R/S status pause the game, flick the RS to bring up the 2kNav menu. Go to GAME STATS>BOXSCORE then team of choice and player of choice. Click in the RS to bring up thier player card, which will give you thier batting handedness.
Thanks but it should be easier than that. If they just listed the Hand of the player beside the batting order we could see. The problem is that you usually can't patch graphics like that for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »