Home

Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #713
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Just played the demo for the first time and OMG, this game is a freakin arcade game! The jersey numbers on their back being too large sticks out like a sore thumb, the players look like cartoon characters, and body types don't even look right.

Then, the pitching...I just couldn't get used to that personally. I can see how it would be fun though so I won't bash on it just not my personal style. Batting is the same way with using the stick to hit. Just not my style.

I did like all the overlays they have though, great work 2k! The Show needs to add more overlays like they have. Overall though, The Show is 10x better than 2k10. After playing the show for almost a week now and go to that, I felt like I went back to playing on my Playstation 2! And that's no joke.

Wish the series well, but good luck, cuz it has a LONG way to go, and would recommend looking at the graphics engine/player models first.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 AM   #714
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
Just played the demo for the first time and OMG, this game is a freakin arcade game! The jersey numbers on their back being too large sticks out like a sore thumb, the players look like cartoon characters, and body types don't even look right.

Then, the pitching...I just couldn't get used to that personally. I can see how it would be fun though so I won't bash on it just not my personal style. Batting is the same way with using the stick to hit. Just not my style.

I did like all the overlays they have though, great work 2k! The Show needs to add more overlays like they have. Overall though, The Show is 10x better than 2k10. After playing the show for almost a week now and go to that, I felt like I went back to playing on my Playstation 2! And that's no joke.

Wish the series well, but good luck, cuz it has a LONG way to go, and would recommend looking at the graphics engine/player models first.
Maybe you should try actually playing the game instead of the demo before you post something in the impressions thread
Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #715
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Maybe you should try actually playing the game instead of the demo before you post something in the impressions thread

From my experience playing demos, i can never tell much of a difference between the demos and the final version of the game. Madden 10 demo looked the same graphics wise as the final build did.
Don't think the final build of 2k10 completely overhauled their graphics to make it where it doesn't look and feel like an arcade game when I play. Only thing that i can tell is great about the game is the overlays, and the announcing is by far better than the other games', which is pretty bad. I was just stating opinion and my impression. It's very hard to see much of anything i like after playing the show for a week now and then go to whatever that was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #716
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'm not sure where these error complaints are coming from. I've seen at least 3 and had one in that game. The 2nd baseman wasn't on the bag for the first half of what should've been a double play but didn't get the guy at first either so that would've been my 5th or 6th blown double play even if he had been on the bag.
i'm sure there are errors, but what many ppl are referring to is the fact that there are no throwing errors

every throw is perfectly on line no matter where youre momentum is going or how off balance you are as long as you stay in the green

also, the right stick doesn't affect fielding anymore, only throw power

go back and play 2k8 and you'll see how fielding should be done
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #717
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMo
5. The pitching is way too difficult to pick up, which allowed me to pitch numerous wild pitches. I like the idea of having to do motions for pitching, but after trying it, I think The Show has it better their way. Pitching for 2k10 was a chore, one that I did not succeed at accomplishing.
The pitching is the biggest selling point for 2K10 imo. If you didn't like it or have fun with it then I would agree with your decision to pass on the game. BUT I do think you should give it more time. I struggled with it at first but it doesn't take long to get better at it. You will adjust and learn to love it if you gave it a chance.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #718
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
goh, whats ur impression of hit variety in terms of seeing doubles or triples?
thanks man.
If you want doubles and triples you will have to lower fielder speed to about 25. You will see much more then.

Futhermore, you can boost base runner speed to help out and the guys in the slider forums say that the user slider also affects the cpu.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #719
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I have been playing this game a lot since it's release, I do still like, but I'm starting see things I hate, I'm sure these issue were always there, but now I'm seeing them a lot more and more. I'm hoping there is some patch soon.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 03-08-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #720
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8

The broken contract and free agency thing is killing me though, absolutely inexcusable and renders franchise worthless after the first year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »