Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #753
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I agree with you econoodle. They really trimmed things back. They were probably trying to fix/hide other issues.

The fielding is way too automated and I really dislike the outfield camera as well. It was terrible when I was playing at Fenway last night and there were a couple balls hit off the wall and I had no clue where or when they hit the wall. A higher fielding camera option would be fantastic.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #754
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree with you econoodle. They really trimmed things back. They were probably trying to fix/hide other issues.
What's with the conspiracy theorists?

Quote:
The fielding is way too automated and I really dislike the outfield camera as well. It was terrible when I was playing at Fenway last night and there were a couple balls hit off the wall and I had no clue where or when they hit the wall. A higher fielding camera option would be fantastic.
Word.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #755
Pro

RustedWalleye's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
That is NOT a baseball rule. That's what someone's dad tells the kid playing t-ball so he goes back to first base. It makes no difference on the direction a player turns when going back to first base after he runs past on a single. He can turn left or right - makes no difference. The only way a runner can be tagged out when returning to first is if he makes an attempt at second base. An attempt is not based on what direction a player turns when returning to first.
It is a little thing that is there. It is ******** turning towards second base when you over run. And as the other user said afterwards it is a judgement call by the umpire.

The rule states "(c) He is tagged, when the ball is alive, while off his base. EXCEPTION: A batter-runner cannot be tagged out after overrunning or oversliding first base if he returns immediately to the base;"

So the judgement lies in the umpire if the turn towards second was not immediately returning to the base. It eliminates assumptions turning away from 2nd base. I taught it for baseball, softball, whatever I was playing, and will continue to teach it. In the end kudos to 2K for including what should be the way a runner turns, versus the way that looks ********.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #756
Banned

OVR: 13

I would suggest people in Franchise alternate save files, because there's some corruptibility in player files. It's sort of like College Hoops 2K8 in that regard.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #757
Banned

OVR: 13

Oh, and there's too much offense in the game. I simmed a year in franchise, and the lowest ERA for a starter was 3.09. Looking at rotations, there were too many pitchers with 4.00-6.00 ERAs in the starting staffs.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #758
Rookie

OVR: 5

So the judgement lies in the umpire if the turn towards second was not immediately returning to the base. It eliminates assumptions turning away from 2nd base. I taught it for baseball, softball, whatever I was playing, and will continue to teach it. In the end kudos to 2K for including what should be the way a runner turns, versus the way that looks ********.[/quote]

And the problem comes when I do not call a runner out because he runs past 1st, stops and then turns around to walk back to 1st but he turns left (toward infield) instead of right (toward foul line). The 1st baseman tags him and I say he is safe. Now the coach comes unglued along with your fans and claim I am cheating, stupid and or both. You try to explain to the coach there is no such rule yet they swear there is one. So teaching it is fine just don’t try and claim it is the rule because it is not. And this is coming from several instances where I had this happen to me.

Now if you really want to open a can of worms lets discuss how a bat held in the strike zone (ie a bunt situation) but it can be a ball even though you never pull the bat back .
Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #759
Rookie

OVR: 8

love the game yeah the play of the game is way too fast.. but there is no weather in the game not once have i saw rain.. anyway to get this patched in? thanks.
NFL: Indianapolis Colts
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NCAA: Auburn Tigers
Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #760
Rookie

OVR: 5

Lost track of the thread around page 50 and just getting back to it today. Are others noticing the CPU can steal anything? And then a question - anyone having success stealing? I'm not. I notice the problem is that when I let go of the trigger at the first pitcher movement, upon replay its not registering at first movement but more when he's in the middle of his windup. So, no wonder I get thrown out a lot. It's hard to time it differently. And to be clear I definitely am releasing it at first movement. For whatever reason the game doesn't recognize that and there is a delay visible upon viewing the replay. Aside from that, anyone using sliders to help improve the stealing game on both sides CPU and Human?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »