Home

Old 03-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #785
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
How the heck do you hit home runs? I have about 2 is 20 plus games. I like how tough the game is this year compared to 2k9 when would have 4 to 5 guys with 30 plus HR's but man I am struggling this year even with the power hitters. Does aiming the stick up help?
I use a timing method only (don't touch the left stick) and hit one or so per game. The funny thing is that I'm usually a better pitcher than hitter in baseball games but I find hitting to be no problem in this game for me. Obviously there are quite a few guys that are struggling with this. Are you using the swing stick? I am. Guys with classic say it's much harder to hit HRs.

On a different note, one of my favourite things about this game is the pitching system. I love the gesture pitching. The cpu will take pitches as well as chase pitches occasionally out of the zone. However, gesture pitching is too dependent on the gesture and not dependent enough on pitcher ratings. Dontrelle Willis should struggle with control even if he hits the gestures perfectly. I do think the ratings seem to matter on the outcome of the pitch but I wish they had more of an effect on the pitch control. Hopefully they tweak that a little with the patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #786
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Finally put a thrashing on someone. It took this long!

15-1 beatdown of the Astros with the Braves. 3 HRs including one with Escobar (that's special because his power is only at 55 or 60 pitcher handness pending),McCann and McLouth hit the others.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #787
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
I own the PS3 version and to my eyes it looks different than the vids I saw from before release.
The gameplay vids made really want this game but it looks awful on my PS3. Looks like a Ps2 game.
Is the xbox version any different?
anyone know?
Or are the 2 games equally the same (graphically)
It definitely looks a little better on 360. Deeper colors, less blurry textures, less jaggies, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it looks "OK" on PS3, but it definitely looks "good" on 360.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:43 AM   #788
Banned

Titus1108's Arena

OVR: 7
Thumbs down Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
I own the PS3 version and to my eyes it looks different than the vids I saw from before release.
The gameplay vids made really want this game but it looks awful on my PS3. Looks like a Ps2 game.
Is the xbox version any different?
anyone know?
Or are the 2 games equally the same (graphically)

Exactly how I felt when I played it on my PS3! I seriously felt like I was playing my old ps2 again. To be fair however, I have been playing the show for about 2 weeks before finally trying this game out. I honestly, couldn't even finish 2 innings and had to shut it off cuz of the graphics alone. CC looked so importioned, the jerseys are horrible, namely the #s on the back being so BIG. The players dont even look like themselves. Overall, they just look stupid.

Gameplay wise, the pitching is cool, batting was ok. I guess though, I just prefer to push a button to swing, dont care to use the analog. But Im one of those who didnt buy FNR4 cuz they left button punching out of the game so... lol

Overall, it was decent. I honestly loved to play 2k8 back then much more than this. Graphics, player models/looks on 2k10 are downright awful, and the person who was in charge of player looks and jerseys should get a loooong talking to. It's still leaps and bounds behind the other game imo. good luck!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #789
Pro

OVR: 7

I keep reading the game plays way to fast. Is it really that bad ? This is the only thing from holding me back. Seems like it bothers some and not others? Like a little more info on this aspect. Thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #790
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I've read that as well, but I don't understand it, really. Demo seems fine to me.

I wonder if people are talking about hit speeds, runner speeds or pitcher/batter speed (no time to collect yourself and prepare for the next at-bat). I find neither to be a problem just based off the demo, so I'm considering it a preference thing.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #791
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Fatigue is poorly done in this game for position players. DH's get tired which shouldn't happen. Furthermore, they count fatigue based on games played and nothing else. I rested Carlos Guillen (my full time DH who shouldn't need a rest) and I used him to pinch hit in the 9th inning. He had one at bat, never played the field and yet his stamina dropped from 85 to 80 for the next game. That's lousy. I hope that gets patched.

They need to tie fatigue more to the position you play and how many innings or at bats you appear in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #792
Rookie

OVR: 6

Don't know if this has been answered but on classic hitting when just using the A button to swing, do you know if it uses timing or do you have to do something else? I can't seem to hit anything with classic batting. Thanks in advance!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »