Home

Old 03-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Hitting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
ONe thing i found out is you can time it right and still miss the ball. Its all about ratings in this game. If the IE data says your guy has trouble with a fast ball high and in, chances are he's not going to handle it well and will struggle to hit that pitch.

The hitting system in this game is tons harder then previous years, but its also done right.
Agree.

I have timed swings perfectly and completely missed because of the player ratings and situation. The hitting is pretty realistic if you ask me. That and the pitching 2k has done a good job with.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

HUM contact and power at default (50) and I hit real well with Power Swing. No problems at all.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I've had no problems hitting in this game once I got used to it. I get plenty of hits and plenty of HRs. I average at least one per game although it's only been a big hitter so far that hits it.

For those that are struggling to hit, what pitch speed do you use? What difficulty? I actually dropped my pitch speed down one notch (55). I've always liked the pitch speed to be slower than 99% of the people out there. It helps me have a good eye, get walks and pull pitches. You are far more likely to hit a HR on a mistake pitch than one where the pitcher is painting corners. On All Star the pitchers are probably better and don't throw a lot of meat pitches to hit. If you are struggling you might consider lowering AI Pitch Success and/or lowering pitch speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahFalcon
I don't have any problems with the hitting. I play Pro, and the hitting is the best I've seen in a long, long time in the series. I'm actually DRAWING WALKS.
No problem hitting here as well. I'm with the poster that I quoted. I can actually draw walks. Feels like High Heat in this aspect (only other game that felt reasonably possible to draw a walk). The majority of my games on all star and just switched over to legend last night. Game plays well out of the box.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Yea getting ahead in the count is important I think. I hit a homer with Willie Harris with a power swing. I mostly power swing now because I felt that I was getting too many weak grounders with contact swing. Nyjer Morgan, etc for me are hitting the ball hard now.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

The power swing seems faster than the contact swing (which makes sense because there's more energy behind it), so you have to time each swing differently. I find the contact swing much easier to time, and you can still hit homers with it if you time it just right.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
HITTING ONLINE AND CAMERA SETTINGS

HOW DO YOU HIT ONLINE AND WHAT CAMERA SETTINGS DO YOU USE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I haven't had any problems hitting good pitches with good hitters and getting homers. Take into account your timing and the pitches location.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »