Home

I couldn't hit a beach ball in this game...

This is a discussion on I couldn't hit a beach ball in this game... within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Rookie

scfan919's Arena

OVR: 4
I couldn't hit a beach ball in this game...

I'm loving every aspect of this game, except for the fact I can't seem to get my hitting down. Been toying around with camera angles and stuff trying to find one where I can better see the pitches. I tend to strike out 10-15 times a game as well, and it's just getting really frustrating to not be able to put up runs. any help? thanks guys.
R.I.P. Kenny McKinley #11 Forever Eleven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
MVP

Re: I couldn't hit a beach ball in this game...

The secret to hitting is defensive swings. Use them whenever you have 2 strikes and wait for a hittable pitch that isn't on the corners.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Have you tried adjusting pitch speed? If you're swinging too early, try turning the speed up just a bit, or slow it down if you're having trouble catching up to fastballs.

Stay away from the power swing till you get the timing down for the contact and defensive swings. The power swing requires different timing because it's faster. I rarely use the power swing anyway because I can hit homers fine with just the contact swing.

Also try the hitting drills. It's a good place to focus entirely on hitting.

As for the camera, I like "Batter 3" zoomed in all the way to 10. This works great on my HDTV, but may not look so good on a standard def TV.

Stick with it man. You'll get it with more practice. Hitting is definitely my favorite part of this game.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-11-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Rookie

scfan919's Arena

Yea, I tried a lot of dif. angles, I like hte one you said Jeffy, I also l like batter 1 zommed out a bit to 8.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Rookie

scfan919's Arena

Also, do ya'll use contact or power swings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I edited my post above and added some stuff about the swing types. Stick with the contact swing for now. I can get doubles and homers with the contact swing, so I don't think I'm ever going to use the power swing much.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
Rookie

[quote=jeffy777;2040844013]. The power swing requires different timing because it's faster.

What do you mean by 'requires a diffrerent timing?????
Old 03-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfan919
Also, do ya'll use contact or power swings?
I use both, depending on the batter and situation. With my Power guys, I will usually use a power swing with them when I'm in a hitter's count. As jeffy stated, the Power swing is faster than the Contact swing... you have to take this into account. Most people don't notice this, but its something I picked up on pretty early with the game.

I have hit HR's with Contact and Power Swings. With the Power Swings, if I catch a ball up in the zone and I time it right, it usually gets launched. On other pitches with Power swing, I've hit hard shots to the gap, hard grounders, etc... also have hit slow dribblers, weak pop-ups, etc... You have to really know when to use the Power Swing, but when you "catch" your pitch... That sound is oh soooo sweet. lol

With my good Contact rating guys, I've hit homeruns as well. Spring training game with D. Lee. Made my mind up to sit on a fastball middle/in. Got it, had my Power Swing pre-loaded and crushed it over the LF wall. Later in the same game, had M. Byrd up. Decided I was going to try and go opposite field with him. Got a pitch away, Contact swing + LS... deposited into the cheap seats in RF. Have good hit variety also, with the Contact swing.

You'll get it man, just practice. Got to work the counts, and be patient. That defensive swing has extended many a plate appearance for me and made the pitcher give me something good to hit.

Good luck.

Last edited by RGmoney; 03-11-2010 at 08:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »