Home

2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #33
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
I get the whole "scam" statement but, I don't know what to think about it. I understand them not releasing the winner until the end, but, after day 2 the ads were outdated.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #34
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
That reporter is a *******. Like he screamed when he thought he got a hit. lol
Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection

What a great guy to get a million dollars. Howard Stern is a terrible guy...

Hey ohhhhhhhh

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #36
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon08
I listened to the winner and his wife on Howard Stern this morning - he used Kenshin Kawakami believe it or not.

Some interesting facts:

-Threw the perfect game on only his 7th try.

-Had no experience at all with the game, it's demo, or any prior year's version. He mentioned something about how much better the game is than the other baseball games he's played - "older baseball games".

-Knew almost nothing about baseball, hadn't even heard of the pitcher he threw the pg with.

-Is an avid gamer in general - just not sports games.

And of course this was Howard Stern so we got some additional nuggets of info such as:

-He and his wife are only 23 years old, are devout Christians and plan to give 10% (before tax!!!) of the mil to the church.

-Neither have ever been drunk, tried pot, or had sex with or even so much as kissed another person. They waited until they got married to have sex and had even planned on waiting until marriage to kiss until the chick decided she didn't want their first kiss to be in front of an audience. Given this info you can also go ahead and figure out the "other things" the do not partake in.

-When asked what sins they have committed, his wife replied "well one time I fell off the back of the sofa and got a big ol' bump on my forehead n' I lied to my daddy n' told him I ran into a wall - because we were strictly forbidden from sitting on the back of the sofa".

To no one's surprise, his only sin (that he revealed) was skipping school to play video games.

Always glad to see the avg joe come up!

Not buying it though...I had a game last night where i had cincinnati playing at pittsburgh in my franchise.. I took a one hitter into the eight inning..never heard of this contest until now but it doesnt seem that hard to do.??

So why pay a million for it? then again , i'm not the trusting type..
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #37
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Fixed

As always, Howard Stern can turn what would be a horrible interview into a very good one, probably the best interviewer in Entertainment. I thought it was pretty funny that this guy did spill the beans that he pitched a perfect game within a day after it came out. I cannot Imagine 2K is very happy with him, he basically said that 2k waited 2 months before releasing this info, giving the impression that no one had won it.
Youre right.. pretty pathetic trying to generate sales thru a weak ***, willy wonka golden ticket perfect game contest??/

ps.. I still like the game though..get the sliders right and it's fun enough
Old 05-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #38
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

Good for him. I bought the game last month and never tried for the million. I figured it was as good as gone anyways. I am still enjoying the game. Its a good filler till NCAA 11 Football comes out.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #39
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Good for him. I bought the game last month and never tried for the million. I figured it was as good as gone anyways. I am still enjoying the game. Its a good filler till NCAA 11 Football comes out.
This
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
maybe scam is the wrong word. In this sort of setting, waiting 2 months seems just flat out unethical.
They didn't know. In the rules section they definitely mention that all the submissions are gathered and waited on, then open them up on the first of May, then went through the videos one by one sorted by receiving date. They made sure to do this from the beginning so people won't be able to say crap. Very prepared indeed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »