Home

Using Created Teams

This is a discussion on Using Created Teams within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Using Created Teams

Not sure if this has been asked already or not, or if anyone even likes to do this. I'm a big fan of creating teams and placing the free agents on the new team, then using the created team in franchise mode. I have been trying for awhile now to find a way to do this on MLB. I know it can be done in NBA 2k. Is there a way to do this on this game? I want to have a tougher challenge than the Pirates, so any help you can provide will be great.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Using Created Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf86
Not sure if this has been asked already or not, or if anyone even likes to do this. I'm a big fan of creating teams and placing the free agents on the new team, then using the created team in franchise mode. I have been trying for awhile now to find a way to do this on MLB. I know it can be done in NBA 2k. Is there a way to do this on this game? I want to have a tougher challenge than the Pirates, so any help you can provide will be great.
You CAN create teams with all the free agents on it.

You CANNOT use created teams in franchise mode. Only in play ball mode.

That said, there are massive freezing issues with created teams. When you try to scroll left past the first team or right past the last team in play ball mode, the game freezes unless you delete the created teams. Best just to skip this mode.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

I've created a few teams and was enjoying playing with them once in awhile. Maybe next year they'll allow the use of created teams in franchise. I guess I'll be using one of the weaker teams, Pirates or Nationals.

Thanks for the info.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NHL - Wild
Old 05-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Cianfrocco's Arena

OVR: 4

I think this feature could go a long ways toward pleasing lots of people, if done properly. I would love more options for uniform and logo creation. If we can't have an NCAA Football-like team builder, at least allow us to use the current MLB and minor league logos instead of the ugly default ones.

In my perfect world, all the current and some retro logo elements, like cap logo, jersey logo, patches, etc, would be available and we could select where on the uniform to place them. Give us options for pinstripes, vests, piping, and the possiblities for throwback and alternate uniforms would be endless. If you've played Out of the Park, you know how deep this feature could go.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

There is a big need for more logos. There's only like 10 on the game, and they are all terrible. The only time you can actually see the logo is when you go to play a game. More options for stadiums would nice as well. Three uniform options would be nice, home, away, alternate. This is a big feature of sports games that many lack. The developers underestimate the number of people who don't play online want to have something that gives the player the full ability to run a team. Yes, taking over for a struggling MLB team is fun, but creating one from the ground up, using only FAs makes the game that much more meaningful to the player. Hopefully next year we can, or they could magically find a way to include it in a patch.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »