Home

MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011

I'll continue to buy the 2K Sports games on PC as long as they release them, in hope of 2K finally getting the NFL license back someday and releasing NFL2K on PC. Would probably be the greatest sports game ever made.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:20 AM   #34
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

OVR: 0

I own mlb the show 09 and mlb2k10. I didn't like the show at first, had too much trouble hitting. So, i bought mlb2k10. I love being able to choose the camera angles. Also a big big fan of stick pitching and hitting.
The movement of the ball, especially how it comes out of the pitchers hand is much more realistic in mlb2k10.

That being said the game started to bug me. Fielding too automated, unable to switch off fast play, no injuries.
What i hate most about the game, and what i dont understand, is why it has to look so bad on the ps3. Daylight games are not that bad, but play a nightgame and suddenly it looks like a ps2 game.

So, i decided to give the show another shot. I noticed how the show is much more fluent. There's things about the show that need improving too, but at this point for me it is the better game, its more finished.
I dont want to start a console war, and i know the 360 doesn't have the show. I really hoped mlb2k10 would be great, cause it has so much potential. I wont be buying mlb2k11 just yet. I'll wait a few months and read peoples reactions before i decide.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #35
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
2K10 was fun but there were so many things that they needed to fix I don't think it will be possible to correct all of them for 2K11. Only time will tell.
I feel fielding was the biggest of them all besides injuries. If they redo fielding completely as I've been told then I feel this game will be a lot better. Errors, and the animations especially.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #36
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
2K10 was fun but there were so many things that they needed to fix I don't think it will be possible to correct all of them for 2K11. Only time will tell.
It was fun and hopefully it will be improved for 2k11. Unfortunately over the years a decent version has been followed by a disappointing version. I plan on getting both the show and 2k because I'm a baseball addict.

I would just like someone at 2k to get rid of all the animations and herky jerky movements that make you scratch your head. The other day there was one that made me rofl. I wish I had recorded it.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #37
R**k**

tazbk's Arena

OVR: 4

I will get it, like I get it every year. Not sure if I will buy first day or wait until it goes on sale. I usually buy the other game as well for my own comparison's sake.

As someone else said, I'm just looking for the game to make improvements in the right direction. I liken this series to a bad team constantly changing coaches. Once you get a good coach, you want to see improvement every year until you get a consistently good to great product. I dont know if that will take another 3 years, 5 years or what, but it needs to happen before they lose the exclusive license. I don't what the series to disappear ala College Hoops 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »