Home

Will MLB 2k shock the world?

This is a discussion on Will MLB 2k shock the world? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #97
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Will MLB 2k shock the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
I agree with dirtyjerz after reading the preview, I am sticking to my earlier prediction YES! The only negative was Sean Rod. hitting a opposite field homer, as the boys at NFL Primetime would say, C'mon Man!!!!!
I'm not too concerned about some opposite field shots (they do happen in real life) as long as they're not as common as in 2K10 where a big percentage the of homers are opposite field. Some of it has to do with swinging too late with power hitters since the ball to bat physics were pretty good in 2K10 in terms of the ball flight being influenced by the timing of the swing. But if there still are too many opposite field homers, hopefully it's something that can be smoothed out with the power slider or something.

But hey, if that's the biggest problem with the game, I'm going to be very happy

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-28-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I'm not too concerned about some opposite field shots (they do happen in real life) as long as they're not as common as in 2K10 where a big percentage the of homers are opposite field. Some of it has to do with swinging too late with power hitters since the ball to bat physics were pretty good in 2K10 in terms of the ball flight being influenced by the timing of the swing. But if there still are too many opposite field homers, hopefully it's something that can be smoothed out with the power slider or something.

But hey, if that's the biggest problem with the game, I'm going to be very happy
Chase mentioned that the guy playing was using the power swing on every pitch. There may be some need for us to adapt to ho the game is designed to be played before complaining about the results. Although, in my opinion, that's the problem with power vs. contact swings.

Just like last year, we will have to adjust our sliders to deal with how we play the game. Most had t knock the power slider down because they spammed the power swing. I had to increase power because I spammed the contact swing.

In a perfect world, it would be one single swing, or three (contact, normal, power). At the very least, I'd love to hear what the developers intend for us to do.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #99
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2

It seems to me... And I am an admitted Show lover.... That the hype around this game has been HUGE the past 2 years (mostly due to PC support being added in '09), and everyone thought it was gonna be great... Then within 2 weeks of release all of the crap started to float to the top.

There is NO WAY I buy this game until late March/early April, so I can see how things start to go south after a couple of weeks.

And, why is it that NBA 2k gets so many people praising it, when I read so many negative reviews about it around these forums (bugs and such)?

Oh well, hopefully everyone enjoys the game. If it ever actually does live up to it's hype, maybe I may even buy it.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
The commentary was THE best in a sports game IMO. Now, you put great game play with that and you have a recipe for being shocked.
They need to have Kruk say things that are true though. I swear, every time I heard John Kruk talk about how A.J. Pierzynski is an on-base guy, I wanted to throw a 97 MPH fastball at him like Randy Johnson almost did in the ASG about 10 years ago.

2K passed the first step of having in-depth commentary, but now they need to do some fact checking.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #101
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by emath
It seems to me... And I am an admitted Show lover.... That the hype around this game has been HUGE the past 2 years (mostly due to PC support being added in '09), and everyone thought it was gonna be great... Then within 2 weeks of release all of the crap started to float to the top.

There is NO WAY I buy this game until late March/early April, so I can see how things start to go south after a couple of weeks.

And, why is it that NBA 2k gets so many people praising it, when I read so many negative reviews about it around these forums (bugs and such)?

Oh well, hopefully everyone enjoys the game. If it ever actually does live up to it's hype, maybe I may even buy it.
I hate to break this to you, but if you based your opinions off of message boards, you'd think EVERY game was crap. NBA 2K gets so much praise because it's easily the greatest NBA game ever made, and it's not even close. Unfortunately there are people that do nothing BUT look for bugs, and fail to realize that these are videogames and as such won't be perfect.

Having said that, 2K baseball has needed a LOT of work over the past couple years, and we all know that, so I'd say your strategy is a smart one. I'm just saying, you starting taking message board babble as gospel, and you will quickly turn into a sour sports gamer. Hell, go read The Show forums right now... half the posters there think the game is terrible as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 6

ITS GUNNA r0x0rz

Last edited by StevenSeagalsLipitor; 03-02-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #103
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I hate to break this to you, but if you based your opinions off of message boards, you'd think EVERY game was crap. NBA 2K gets so much praise because it's easily the greatest NBA game ever made, and it's not even close. Unfortunately there are people that do nothing BUT look for bugs, and fail to realize that these are videogames and as such won't be perfect.

Having said that, 2K baseball has needed a LOT of work over the past couple years, and we all know that, so I'd say your strategy is a smart one. I'm just saying, you starting taking message board babble as gospel, and you will quickly turn into a sour sports gamer. Hell, go read The Show forums right now... half the posters there think the game is terrible as well.

Could not have said it better than myself. Sports games today are just truly mind blowing. As much as I loved and adored Bases Loaded 2 or RBI Baseball or NBA Live 95 or more recent gems like NBA LIve 2005, Madden 2005, NFL2K5, and my old holy grail MVP Baseball 2005 I have not gone back to those titles since I went net gen (save for NFL2K5 till NCAA 2011 and Madden 2011 were released) with The Show and NBA 2K11.

What they are doing today with sports games is nothing short of amazing. We have never had it so good. This is as close as it has gotten to the real thing. And that's all we ever hoped for as sports gamers. IT has never been more sim than now.

Yeah we can call out some bugs and things that can use tweaks, improving modes and getting some great features back from the previous gen (we know what game we are talking about right there don't we). Having the forums for that is great and really cost effective for the game developers as we are basically buying the game and testing at the same time (boy the patches are a gift and a curse aren't they? ).

But the venom....it is really uncalled for. And it is a shame we can't have civil threads (there are some) comparing games like The Show and MLB 2K for us to talk about without it eventually turning into a game war which is just so 13 years old.

Anyway. Enjoy these games I know I am.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-02-2011 at 05:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »