Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #193
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Might be time for your leadoff hitter to be ridin' the pine for a while after that incident. By the way was it Torres?
I was switching & pitching with both teams - it was Andrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
Am I the only one that finds it humorous that a guy complaining about unnecessary flashy stuff uses those flashy and unnecessary emoticons? I can tell you that I find those emoticons 100x more annoying than anything in the demo.
If 2K is going to to subject me with yellow flashes, then they can get some yellow man.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #194
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

I just found a big bug. I haven't looked through the entire thread so someone might have already said it.

Anyway. First inning as the Rangers. They get two quick outs. Hamilton hits a homerun over the right field wall then Cruz follows that with a triple. Adrian Beltre up. He hits one deep into centerfield. I see the fans 6 rows back stand up. Andres Torres goes through the wall and catches it but it counts as a homerun and an out. So I'm up 3-0 going into the bottom of the first having only got out twice.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Old 03-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #195
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Anyone who thinks the pitching is still to accurate, try pitching with Barry Zito...wow....I'm all over the place with him and did walk one guy so far.

I also thought it was nice how it told me that Torrealba is a bad matchup vs. Zito, so that was a confidence booster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #196
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: MLB 2K11 Demo is NOW AVAILABLE! (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinson
Only for gold members...
Yes it's rather nonsense especially in these cases where silver doesn't get it until after the game is out thus negating the point of a demo. Though this time there happens to be a free gold weeked from the 4th-7th.

I assume the Giants are the home team so I have to ask,are there still Pepsi ads plastered all over the place?

Is the bay improved at all? Anyone hit one out there? Is the splash hits sign functional?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #197
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I just noticed you can turn switch to Classic controls for hitting and pitching (buttons) if you go to the Controller Setup in the menu (pause, then flick the right stick to bring it up).
Old 03-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #198
MVP

OVR: 10

Two questions (one that may speak to goh's question)
- Are there simply limited replays on HRs in this release? I hit one that clearly went into the bay and was expecting a replay to say how it looked landing in the water and got nothing.
- Anyone else feeling like the ball lands like a bocce ball on a sheet of leather? I get maybe one bounce and then a straight roll no matter what.

Regardless, I am constantly in amazement as I play this demo over and over. Everything I've ever said I wished would be in this game is in this demo. I keep asking, what am I missing, there's gotta be something wrong?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
I just found a big bug. I haven't looked through the entire thread so someone might have already said it.

Anyway. First inning as the Rangers. They get two quick outs. Hamilton hits a homerun over the right field wall then Cruz follows that with a triple. Adrian Beltre up. He hits one deep into centerfield. I see the fans 6 rows back stand up. Andres Torres goes through the wall and catches it but it counts as a homerun and an out. So I'm up 3-0 going into the bottom of the first having only got out twice.

I just had Sandoval catch a pop up with his bare hands
Old 03-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I just noticed you can turn switch to Classic controls for hitting and pitching (buttons) if you go to the Controller Setup in the menu (pause, then flick the right stick to bring it up).

It would be nice to have that option online.
Also there should be a penalty for those constantly rage quit out of games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »